prop section made a favorite topic?

linesider 159

It seems every week someone asks about props on a certain boat. Can we have a dedicated thread where people post prop numbers and prop details? No jabber or anything. For example: 21 redfisher Yamaha 250 hpdi, 23 rkr 5600 rpm 62 mph. More info can be added like jack plate height or other things rigged on the boat that add weight as well. If someone wants to discuss further they can start a new thread about that prop, or private message the person.

Maybe one cobia thread, one maverick thread, one hewes, and one pathfinder. This can be a great resource for many.

Funky monkey, if he wants to of course, could post some of his most popular prop hull combinations to help.

Those of us who want everything out of our boats are always trying props, and eliminating certain ones and knowing which to try would be a big help. I've seen several great prop threads and they disappear after a few months.

I don't know how much work it takes, and I know mbc is busy, so that's why it's a proposal.

Problem is the "favorite topics" forum is pretty overlooked on here and doesn't get much action. People will likely still post on general forum.

Saving the info on here would help tho :susel: . I've done a number of detailed write ups over the years -including a ton on my prop testing - that I spent a lot of time on that have faded off into never never land. This forum is like the grown up fishermans version of "snapchat" or whatever it's called where the kids send nudie pics of themselves and it supposedly disappears without a trace. Except their pics seem to get found by their parents, yet there's still a poor guy on the PF forum wondering where to put his gunnel rod holders cause my detailed write up on how to do it a few months ago disappeared.

Guest Terry Deal
Saving the info on here would help tho :susel: . I've done a number of detailed write ups over the years -including a ton on my prop testing - that I spent a lot of time on that have faded off into never never land. This forum is like the grown up fishermans version of "snapchat" or whatever it's called where the kids send nudie pics of themselves and it supposedly disappears without a trace. Except their pics seem to get found by their parents, yet there's still a poor guy on the PF forum wondering where to put his gunnel rod holders cause my detailed write up on how to do it a few months ago disappeared.

We agree! And we have great news!!! Because we do appreciate the time and effort required to prepare informative posts, as of today, we have restructured our server hardware and increased storage capacity, giving us the ability to save forum posts indefinitely. Thank you for helping to make our community better!

We agree! And we have great news!!! Because we do appreciate the time and effort required to prepare informative posts, as of today, we have restructured our server hardware and increased storage capacity, giving us the ability to save forum posts indefinitely. Thank you for helping to make our community better!

Hallelujah!

Archived