2200V TM

castmil

Looking to add a 36V ulterra trolling motor to my 2200V however I am concerned about lost storage space. Does anyone else have this set up? Would you recommend installing 3 batteries and charger in the center console or in the front of the boat?

Center console for sure. You might want to add a piece of Starboard to the floor or some other method of reinforcement, thats a lot of weight.

In an effort to save room, someone built and posted pics of a battery box that stacked 2 batteries on top of 2 lower batteries. Thought it was pretty cool, and great bit of work.

Looking to add a 36V ulterra trolling motor to my 2200V however I am concerned about lost storage space. Does anyone else have this set up? Would you recommend installing 3 batteries and charger in the center console or in the front of the boat?

I had 4 batteries in my 2005 22V...4 series 31.

The Ulterra is a great machine...go AGM on the batteries and don't look back - I like DEKAS...

I'm running a 24V TM on my skinny mini with series 27's ...we runn the troller all day and I've been checking my useage..never below 1/2 so far...

I suggest, depending your engine, 3xseries 31's plus one dual purpose series 24 for ayour house and crank...tie a 1-2-all into the last 31 and you'll have plenty of juice to crank up....

as mentioned below, install a large starboard across the base of the console..when i had the 31's i used a 1.5" starboard box I built that held all the batterie in tight with individual straps...

the are a beeeeeaaaacccchhhhhh !!!! to get in and out, but, you only do this once every 5 years or so :)

Don't go cheap on the wiring, it's your lifeline...

Saludos,

DC

Archived