WTB Maverick HPX 15

Cculp218

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Thank you for the heads up, I have seen both in south Florida on marketplace, The guy selling the 15 was unresponsive, and the micro.. just not a big fan of yellow but haven't counted it out yet. I'm in no rush, I have a 15t and 17t I will be selling soon to make room. Just wanting to see if there may be anything else out there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So far, just needed a new bilge pump and going to a test a 4 blade powertech I had on my 15t with the same 40 4 stroke. Only turning 46-4700 with the 3 blade that came on it. Ran it on Sunday and I'm pretty impressed with it so far, but will be looking for a 50/60 fuel injected 4stroke in the near future though.

Maverick2.jpg

Maverick1.jpg

Hey CCulp, beautiful boat.  I would love to know your impressions of it as you get to know it.  There has always been something attractive of this “matchbox” version of the hpx.  Seems like it would be less stressful to take back in the marsh than a bigger version (you can practically pick it up if you had to!) but curious how it will handle two anglers.

Keep is posted on your journey with her!

• 4 weeks later...

@whichwaysup so far I’m really impressed with It, It floats shallow and poles effortlessly. Real world 6-7” draft with 2 anglers, gear and full tank of fuel. It moves around on the trailer and stores in the garage easily by myself. Being so light you can launch It anywhere, I’ve launched on the side of the road a couple times now. It’s a great improvement over my 15t for crossing open water. Storage is a bit slim but to be expected in a boat this size. Repowering with a 2014 Yamaha F50 I just picked up, so looking forward to seeing some increased performance from the F40 and no longer dealing with carburetors. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cculp218 said:

@whichwaysup so far I’m really impressed with It, It floats shallow and poles effortlessly. Real world 6-7” draft with 2 anglers, gear and full tank of fuel. It moves around on the trailer and stores in the garage easily by myself. Being so light you can launch It anywhere, I’ve launched on the side of the road a couple times now. It’s a great improvement over my 15t for crossing open water. Storage is a bit slim but to be expected in a boat this size. Repowering with a 2014 Yamaha F50 I just picked up, so looking forward to seeing some increased performance from the F40 and no longer dealing with carburetors. 

That’s great to hear.  For around her, it sounds like a good strike mission boat!  I will have to keep my eyes open for one!