Hurricane Season Boat Plans

rubble

I've got my boat nicely resting next to my in-laws house in Islamorada.  Wondering if I should come get it before Storm season arrives?  Are there any precautions to consider if leaving it?   Add weight? Anchor to ground somehow?  Just trying to get a game plan together.

If possible, can you get it out of there if a storm is approaching ? Skiffs on a trailer do poorly in a storm. Leaf debris blocks scuppers, covers rip and hold water the same way.. It’s usually August/Sept that is the most problematic. 
Drag it out and stage it at one of our houses.. Plenty of us can host a boat(s).

MM

I can possibly arrange to get it north.  My bro-in-law could possibly haul out.  He has a boat of his own that he will have to get out of there. Might be able to get them to Naples where his family lives.  Hopefully  I can get down before August to haul back to KY.  If not, Might take someone up on hosting.  

• 2 weeks later...

The last thing you want to do is leave your boat in the Keys during hurricane season. Just look at some of the satellite images of hurricane Irma's destruction back in 2017.  Some folks left their RV's in the Keys and found them overturned and piled on top of other RV's. If the winds and water will do that to a full size motorhome, just imagine what it would do to your boat. 

• 2 months later...