Best Fishing net?

HenrysCreek

As many of ya'll have noticed, I'm new to fishing flats boats.  Definitely a learning curve, but LOVING IT so far!

Being this close to the water, I'm in need of a new fishing net.  Can ya'll recommend your favorite fishing nets for specks, other smaller species?  
Want something smaller and with a shorter handle (or collapsible) that can fit into one of the storage compartments.

Thanks.

I would only buy one with a rubber net. The smaller mesh nets will always grab your hook. I would only buy one with a fixed hoop. I have seen the fancy fold up nets fold up on the front when trying to dip into the water to get under a fish. The ones with the one piece Pole that simply slides in over the net portion to stow seems to fit in most front boxes. I would really suggest going to the store and putting your hands on the nets before you buy. The link here will show you solid hoop and slide in Handel as I am trying to describe. 

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/frabill-conservation-series-flat-bottom-landing-net?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Shop|BPS|TopPerformers|Fishing&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7Ybhof-y9wIVsm1vBB1uYwOFEAQYAiABEgK6H_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 12:06 AM, F1sh0n said:

Check out the FishPond boat nets.  They are light, have rubber basket and float.  You'll pay for it, but then you paid for your flat's boat.

Well, I broke down and bought a Nomad Fishpond net.  Got the "boat" net.  Arrived today and it's an awesome looking net that I hope will serve me well for many years.
My only complaint is that's it's Made in China, which seems very counter to Fishponds website/advertising.  😒

https://fishpondusa.com/pages/our-story

17 hours ago, HenrysCreek said:

Well, I broke down and bought a Nomad Fishpond net.  Got the "boat" net.  Arrived today and it's an awesome looking net that I hope will serve me well for many years.
My only complaint is that's it's Made in China, which seems very counter to Fishponds website/advertising.  😒

https://fishpondusa.com/pages/our-story

Wow. You dropped some $$ on that net!!!! Looks awesome though. I would love to have one like that.

On 4/30/2022 at 12:06 AM, F1sh0n said:

Check out the FishPond boat nets.  They are light, have rubber basket and float.  You'll pay for it, but then you paid for your flat's boat.

LOL,  That's some funny stuff right there!!!