26 TRS rod holders

lookinforsnook

Has anyone installed rod holders near the bow of your boat? I am thinking of putting in a couple as far forward as possible to serve 2 purposes. One is the obvious reason; you can never have enough rod holders. The other is on days at the sandbar it would be nice to insert a couple of support poles to attach a sunscreen fabric to. I have a trolling motor so they would need to be installed closer to the center cleat than the rub rail in order to not have the rods or support poles hit the trolling motor. Ideally it would be best if they were angled out, so a 15-degree rod holder looks like it may work if careful thought were put into choosing just the right spot. If someone has done this already any advice and pictures would be great.

HoneyB, great set up. Are those 15-degree rod holders? They appear in the pictures to be a little less looking at the angle of the uprights. I ask this because my trolling motor sits a bit more over the bow rail than your trolling motor looks to be. Also, where did you source the poles? Adjustable length?

Yes they are 15degree. Gemlux screwless rod holders. I started off with extendable paint poles that twist but quickly found out they do not work to well. Went back to Lowe’s and found some fiberglass paint poles with a push button release for the extendable portion. These poles are awesome. The top is a beach tent that I ordered from Amazon . The tent much like the poles works much better than my first attempt of using a state flag cut to fit. The beach tent is so light and just floats with the wind up there . It works really well. 

poles : https://www.lowes.com/pd/4-ft-to-8-ft-Telescoping-Threaded-Extension-Pole/1001314970

tent top: Neso Tents Beach Tent with Sand Anchor, Portable Canopy Sunshade - 7' x 7' - Patented Reinforced Corners https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZQCYL6G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TRGFX9HWDGQPDXQQ6979?psc=1

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 4:57 PM, HoneyB said:

Yes they are 15degree. Gemlux screwless rod holders. I started off with extendable paint poles that twist but quickly found out they do not work to well. Went back to Lowe’s and found some fiberglass paint poles with a push button release for the extendable portion. These poles are awesome. The top is a beach tent that I ordered from Amazon . The tent much like the poles works much better than my first attempt of using a state flag cut to fit. The beach tent is so light and just floats with the wind up there . It works really well. 

poles : https://www.lowes.com/pd/4-ft-to-8-ft-Telescoping-Threaded-Extension-Pole/1001314970

tent top: Neso Tents Beach Tent with Sand Anchor, Portable Canopy Sunshade - 7' x 7' - Patented Reinforced Corners https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZQCYL6G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_TRGFX9HWDGQPDXQQ6979?psc=1

WOW....this is exactly the ideas I'm looking for the summer....

DC

Midnight, I like where these are placed and would probably be the most optimum for both a sunshade and fishing purposes. Are those factory installed or were they rigged afterwards? Also what degree angle are these?  Somewhere I stumbled upon where the factory backing plates are located for the bow rails, hardtop, TM etc. so I'd imagine someone had this info beforehand when yours were installed. Nice clean setup for sure, well done.