I need a Taller windshield on a 24’ pathfinder?

Jdrtwo

Just purchased a 2017, 24’ pathfinder with a 300 hp Yamaha!!!  Great boat but I have some observation and could use some feedback:

1.  The windshield is too short for cold NY weather.  Do they make a taller one?

2.  The fuel filling must be pumped in very slow.

3.  The pop up cleats (including the mid cleat) are very small, probably need 7/16” line or smaller?

looking forward to some feedback.

Thank you,

Jdrtwo

Welcome JDR !

1. No.. Only one windshield was offered.. There are places online that can fabricate whatever you want. Handrails come into play if you don’t have a T Top !  Canvas shops can make up 3-sided clear panels that can be snapped onto the TTop piping and removed when not needed. Cold winds and spray are miserable for sure.. 

2. There was a period where the EPA was requiring vapor recovery gear on the fuel systems. Look for a vapor canister in the fuel fill / vent lines.  That may be the problem.. If not, check the vent hose for kinks.. 

3. Good quality double braid 3/8 dock lines are more than adequate for a 24 unless you have extreme currents or wakes. Check the tensile strength of good lines to be confident..

My opinions; others will follow 

Marc

I had a custom windscreen made for cold weather running.  If you do have a tee top, then clear panels are the way to go.  I also cut my handrails down because i did not like the glare that came off it.  

It is dryer with the higher screen, but the wind comes around the back more when running so I had to put a belt on over my coat to keep it from blowing up.

Where in NY do you run?

I run the boat in Shinnecock bay, Hampton bays..who made the custom windscreen

On 5/2/2022 at 1:17 PM, Chief5130 said:

I had a custom windscreen made for cold weather running.  If you do have a tee top, then clear panels are the way to go.  I also cut my handrails down because i did not like the glare that came off it.  

It is dryer with the higher screen, but the wind comes around the back more when running so I had to put a belt on over my coat to keep it from blowing up.

Where in NY do you run?

On 5/1/2022 at 4:33 PM, Jdrtwo said:

Just purchased a 2017, 24’ pathfinder with a 300 hp Yamaha!!!  Great boat but I have some observation and could use some feedback:

1.  The windshield is too short for cold NY weather.  Do they make a taller one?

2.  The fuel filling must be pumped in very slow.

3.  The pop up cleats (including the mid cleat) are very small, probably need 7/16” line or smaller?

looking forward to some feedback.

Thank you,

Jdrtwo

This is the place you want to get your windshield from - UPD Plastics. Here is the link, and you'll notice that they are listed as a Maverick Boat and the model is a Pathfinder (with each size Pathfinder listed). The Pathfinder windscreens are about halfway down the page of this link. I believe they can customize the windshield to your specs if you give them the dimensions that you're looking for.

https://www.updplastics.com/maverick-boat-windshields/

On 5/7/2022 at 8:48 AM, Jdrtwo said:

I run the boat in Shinnecock bay, Hampton bays..who made the custom windscreen

Nice area.  I am in Bellport at the moment.  I found a custom plastic shop in Norfolk.  I can tell you do not let them drill the mounting holes.  They cannot get them right.  Better for you do do it, just let them form if for you.  My BIL used a shop in Sayville called Island Wide Plastics that made one for his Whaler.