Adding bubbler to 2015 2200TE

Dave Coumes

I installed my own bubbler system.

Go to big box or hardware store and get a male and female  3/16 barbed fitting. It will fit a standard aquarium hose. 

You  need to be precise but drill a hole at upper edge for the male to fit through. Screw the female to the male. You can put some sealant if you want. Depending on the construction you might need to remove some  spray on insulation on the outside.  I found it  easier to put the female on the inside

Now you have a barb on each side to connect your air pump. When not in use you simply remove inside  hose.

I put the pump on my 04 22TE  just under the back splash well lid.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:23 PM, Dave Coumes said:

Anybody retrofit a bubbler to their center rear baitwell. I have the switch on my panel. Recommended bubbler brand and model. Trying to keep shrimp alive.

I keep shrimp when I use them in a cooler on ice....I get them from the bait store in a plastic bag...set them on ice in a lunch bag.

lasts all day.

dc

This is the one you want:

image.thumb.png.876517311f015672ad46c3712e88d13a.png

There should already be a duetch connector in the rear compartment , if not you’ll have to run the wiring and connect to switch in console. I mounted mine to a piece of PVC board and 5200 it to the compartment bulkhead.  Works great on my TRS. 

3 minutes ago, Waterman18 said:

This is the one you want:

image.thumb.png.876517311f015672ad46c3712e88d13a.png

There should already be a duetch connector in the rear compartment,mid nit you’ll have to run the wiring and connect to switch in console. I mounted mine to a piece of PVC board and 5200 it to the compartment bulkhead.  Works great on my TRS. 

Great item....I had actually two of them on my Pathy 22 when I was doing a lot of live baiting....

DC

On 5/6/2022 at 12:23 PM, Dave Coumes said:

Anybody retrofit a bubbler to their center rear baitwell. I have the switch on my panel. Recommended bubbler brand and model. Trying to keep shrimp alive.

Put mine Port side under the seat (I have a TRS).The two pin Deutsch connector for the bubbler was ready to go and ty wrapped in the harness in the aft starboard hatch. Was plenty long enough to go where I needed it. 

Micro Bubbles.jpg

Frabil Bubbler.jpg

• 1 year later...

Do not have a pic of the wiring.

Really nothing to see. 

There is a switch labeled Bubbler on my console panel. I turned it on and checked the unused connectors in the bilge area. Found it in the harness. Routed it as close to the bubbler as possible and using a Deutch connecter made the connection.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1