Dock blocks vs Jetdock for my 24’ pathfinder

Jdrtwo

I have a 24’ pathfinder with a 300 hp Yamaha.   Looking to avoid bottom paint and buy a dock block or jet dock drive on system.  Does anyone have experience with either?  Both are similar in price, how is the quality of both?

Can you really drive off them without using the winch?  Does any part of the boat stay in the water? Do they hurt/mark the hull in anyway?

thanks

Jdrtwo

There was a recent similar post about dock blocks. I went to their web-site and read about the product and instillation. Apparently each hull is different and some will need a winch to back off the floating dock. Another thing to consider is the depth of water under the floating dock. The company offers an inflatable blatter that raises the front of the hull to assist in backing off the dock, but the water under the dock has to be about 3 ft. You might want to read "Dock Blocks" web-site because it's more complicated then I would have thought.