Did they Discontinue the 2005

TerryS

We just bought a 2005...nice boat and we like it very much. My dealer is waiting on "an announcement" from Pathfinder. I called and they are apparently going to continue this model for boat  clubs, resorts, etc...but it won't be available to regular retail customers.

We'll see. Part of me wonders if my rig has now lost value, and the other part doesn't care because it's a nice boat for what we want to do. Hard not to be a little cynical.

Here is why I think the 2005TRS is gone. With a finite ability to produce boats, why would you take up production capacity with a boat that you make a smaller net margin on. 

We love ours but I told our local dealer 10 months ago that I did not understand why they still made the model. Regulator dropped their 21' model years a go to free up capacity to build more profitable (larger) boats. 

As for the future value of the 2005TRS....look again to the Regulator 21'. They are highly sought after and were very expensive even prior to the used boat value explosion we now see. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think that 2400 looks like heck. Trying to please everyone, leaving successful roots…I think it’s a bad idea.

My bride and I went fishing today in our new 2005. The more I run that boat, the more I like it. The more we run it, the smoother it seems to run. Nice fishing platform. 

As a serious inshore fisherman, tournament angler, and part time guide, I am sickened by this new 24trs design.  Oh well,  I was never going to pay the new boat prices anyway.  Owning a “pre-Malibu” MBG boat will end up being a badge of honor, sort of like a “pre-Bass Pro Shops” Ranger, Mako, SeaCraft.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We’re getting out in our new 2005 model about every other day. Have been able to nose out several miles at times. The inshore fish are in deeper water now because it’s been so doggone hot. This rig is performing really well, and I’m liking it.We’re getting a lot of fish, so that helps.