Beating on the props one more time

JEM

:susel:

I have a new to me 07 2200V with the F150. Top speed is 47 at 5500 rpms with a Reliance 13 3/4 x 19 prop. Just a touch of trim will cause it to start catching air, especially in a turn. Well, the boat is being extensively upgraded by Mike at Master Repair....and he added a jack plate as one of the upgrades. I suspect that the jack plate will be useless because it already wants to blow out with very little trim. I would like to hear from others what prop you are using with this boat and a jack plate. Got to be dozens out there that have already covered this ground before......

Bamaskeet, do you have a jack plate, and if so, what prop are you running? The video on the Powertech website shows a guy saying he is running a 4 blade 17 pitch, and he topped out at 47.3 mph at 6000 rpms. If he is telling the truth, that is no drop in speed.

^do you have a Ttop? I saw you got some input on the ofx18 on thehulltruth. That setup minus the ttop would see similar numbers to what you have now if you don't have a T. Im gonna shoot my friend a text tonight to see what prop he is running. he has a 22v/f150/noT that sees 47-48

I don't have a t-top. I was talking with a guy over on THT with the same boat and engine, 2200V with and F150, but he had a t-top and was running the PowerTech 4 blade, 18 pitch. I would be interested in hearing about your buddies' set-up. I would love to keep the speed up, but I am more interested in being able to make use of the jack plate (shallow running), and have the engine turn up to close to 5700 to 5800 rpms. I believe in propping an engine to the upper rpm range. Thanks,

Jeff

JEM that was me you were talking to on THT. "the guy on the video" is Wannaflatsfish. he is on this forum as well and who recomended me what to get for my setup. He will not shoot you no bull, if he said it it's the truth. You also got to realize every boat is set up differently and act differently according to weight distribution. The PT OFX4 has proven to be the best prop for a F150 on a 2200 with a jack plate.

• 3 months later...

So what is the correct prop, I have a 22' with a 150SHO with top, 3 blade prop, ***, seeing about 5500 rpms and 39 mph.   I need to re-prop real bad.   I just do not want to drop $500 on the wrong prop.

How do I minimize the mistake?

Archived