Center Console Shaking

stosiak

I have a 2022 2300 HPS that when I'm running in chop or hit a boat wake the center console shakes violently. It feels like it is loose from the floor. So I removed the access panel to see if the screws were loose and the 8 screws were all tight. So I pushed on the console to simulate a wave and noticed the whole floor flexes with the console. I'm concerned the over time the floor will be damaged due to the violent flexing. Coming from sold glass construction boat to the new lighter vacuum infused I'm not sure if it is normal. My older boats road quieter and more solid than this one. Sometimes I feel like I'm riding in an aluminum boat with the flex and ride noise. Anyone else notice this. Love the layout of the boat just not sure what to expect with the ride.

stosiak,

I am also a HPS owner and wanted to describe the ride of my HPS to hopefully ease your mind.  My console shakes as well but I wouldn’t call it violent, I do not have a T-top, not sure if you do.  When I first started running the boat I noticed the console movement as well compared to my previous boat.  Other than that my hull feels solid, it is a 2017 and not a single crack anywhere in the gel coat besides one near the fuel cap.  As far as the feeling of a aluminum boat I cannot relate to you there.  HPS’s in my opinion do not like running head on into staked swells at all or any large chop for that matter.  Until that step comes into play that hull is not happy.  So a light chop and calm days is when she is going to shine, otherwise you got to live with that step being in the water to get to the fish.  I’m not sure how long you have run your boat, probably not long because it is a 2022, but you will learn what she likes.  Make sure she is prop correctly and keep those trim tabs working for you.  Make that bow work!

• Like 1

I have a new to me 2019....I do have a T Top and it's a large fiberglass.

My console is attached to the console and the floor....so I don't feel anything you are describing...no floor flex or shaking.

I would immediately take it to a your dealer and have them do a look over....if you are in Florida, I would call the factory and have it reviewed their - if they are still doing this service...with new owners, don't know.

Dc

• Like 3

Thanks I have no T top. Talked to the dealer today and was told that he has seen this on the bigger boats but not the 23. He fixes the deck flex issue by fiber glassing foam blocks from the stringers to the deck and that eliminates the flex in the deck. The comment about the aluminum boat is the noise from the water hitting the hull, it's not that solid sound a heavy boat makes hard to described. I don't run my boats hard and only had the boat out about 10 times.  Still learning about the hull step and how to run it here in Lake St Clair chop. I love the boat just trying to adjust to the lighter and different hull design. 

4 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

The console and deck flex would concern me greatly. I would have the dealer request that a MBG representative inspect it asap.

Could not agree with you more. Deck flexing, console vibrates, does not like chop. Need to put foam blocks as a fix. Something is wrong JMHO. Best of luck. 😀👍️Fin.

• Like 2

The original theory on these liners was to have a floating deck. The decks were made to sit just above the stringers.this would dampen some of the pounding from the hull.  That was in the day of heavier stiffer builds.

It's easy to  understand the newer builds flexing. Much of the newer systems rely on a solid unit so I would think the deck and stringers would be bonded in the construction process. 

Any thoughts on new construction  theory from MBG would be helpful. 

So here is a video that I took while doing my 2 hour motor break in which consist of, vary rpms and every 10 minutes wide open for a minute. I didn't like the console shaking at the time but the boat was new and It was the first time out. It was about 35 degrees out so that's why I'm bundled up. As you can see it is not rough seas but in heavier seas that console really shakes.

8 hours ago, stosiak said:

So here is a video that I took while doing my 2 hour motor break in which consist of, vary rpms and every 10 minutes wide open for a minute. I didn't like the console shaking at the time but the boat was new and It was the first time out. It was about 35 degrees out so that's why I'm bundled up. As you can see it is not rough seas but in heavier seas that console really shakes.

Stosiak, 

I’ll be on the water probably Monday.  I’ll take a video of mine so you have something to compare yours to.  My son has a YouTube channel where he has a GoPro mounted to the console and there are a couple of videos where we are running and the shakes are nothing compared to that.  He doesn’t have a view of the steering wheel but you could check out how stable the shot is with the camera.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, redzone1 said:

I’m still a huge fan of the MBG product………just not anything newer than 2019.

I have a 2019....HPS 2300...I'll take a video next trip...I haven't noticed this....it's interesting the second video has the console attached to a T Top.....hard to understand how the console could be moving at all...my 2019 has a large, factory installed fiberglass 'T top attached to the floor and multiple locations on the console.

dc

• Like 1