Center Console Shaking

stosiak

On 6/28/2022 at 10:59 PM, Wahoossi said:

I have had two Pathfinders (20 and 24) two Mavericks ( a 15 Hp-x and a 17 HPX-V ) and now a 16 Redfisher ( which I love) and all of these boats  ( 2003- 2010) have been rock solid . The HPS 2300 is a boat I was considering when I decided to go from two boats to one ( large bay boat and flats boat ) to hybrid bay/flats offshore . All the issues with the HPS 2300 led me to have an Egret Moccasin 2100 built . Hopefully MBG will fix their obvious issues.

lol, don't mention egret on this forum or you'll be censored by don lemon himself. 

• Sad 1

I have actually have been a member of this forum since 2003.  But took a break for a few years and came back and had my post count wiped. Still love the boat designs and open to buying another MBG product in the future but would like to see how the Malibu transition pans out over time. I have owned a dozen or more boats in my life (old, 61), most have been higher tier boats and the MBG products have been some of the best with the best resale value.

1 hour ago, Berry79 said:

Are the hull and liner bonded with foam? Was peaking around in my inspection covers today, trying to see if I can see anything visual and noticed it’s just foam between the stringers and liner.

Not sure what MBG uses to bond floor to stringers, but I assume it's a product comparable to this since they use the highest quality materials and construction methods:

https://www.arjaytechnologies.com/7121-vinyl-ester-bonding-compound-for-critical-marine-bonding/

P.S. Enjoy your retirement Skip.  Catch a lot of fish and don't look back!

Met with Steve Berry today and he confirmed the console shake and it will be going back to the factory after my busy season. Steve flew out from Florida to Michigan just to take a look. He woke up sick as a dog but still went over the boat with me. He assured me it would be fixed right. I wish it didn't have to go back but at least they are on top of it.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I feel for you guys. That’s allot of coin to have this issue. I applaud the rep for flying out to see your boat. Not many companies would do that. I hope to follow this thread to see how everything turns out but like most threads with build quality issues I have a feeling it will disappear. 😉

• 1 month later...

Factory scheduled pickup is November 28th. Transport from Michigan to Florida.  Didn't run the boat hard as not to cause anymore problems. Sales rep told me of a 25 sent back for the same problem. They took the console off and cut the floor out to gain access. Sure hope they don't mess my wiring up is was a night mare redoing their work. 

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well got the boat back today and can't put my feelings into words. Just unbelievable. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Won't know if the shake is gone until spring but I have a lot of repairs to do. It won't be going back to the dealer or the factory. I was told it would be as good as new when I got it back from factory repairs. Sorry for the rant just feeling helpless.

IMG_0583.jpg.222d7ff43292a1592d11faf52d5944ea.jpgIMG_0582.jpg.be54c28f5231437f9da0bf53a1faf20a.jpgIMG_0581.jpg.fb31b29bb35224b09c0c8935e7f491e5.jpgIMG_0585.jpg.f4c7b06aca49b297d140520013b2c9a2.jpgIMG_0578.jpg.3dad218aaace60a131302f5b5e011281.jpgIMG_0571.jpg.2d4595ced56e0fc5ccff55e38414f62b.jpgIMG_0568.jpg.a565d78afd11a8869a1e68882a6ae2f8.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

2 hours ago, redzone1 said:

Wow!  My advice is to clean it up the best you can, get your wiring put back to functional, take it to Florida to sell it or see if Bobby Chew will take it in on trade and have him build you an Islamorada 24

Good advice.  Could also talk to Kevin or Josh at East Cape about the new 25 Open or Hybrid Bay.  They are obsessed with quality construction and customer satisfaction.

Stosiak,

I'm a bit, well maybe more than a bit confused...

Are you showing pictures of how the FACTORY sent you back you HPS?

It's a complete mess ?  wires left open....new drill holes?  

bilge full of water  and has now frozen your lines and plastic housings?  

Dirty floor and holds?

Please tell me this is not the case?  If so, I'd personally drive the boat to Florida and drop it at the factory door and tell them to fix it and reimburse me for all my time and personal costs.

I have been a loyal MBG owner and forum member since 2003...owned a custom built 2003 RF 18, bought a  2005 -22 Pathy new, rebuilt both a PF 17 and MA17 and now own a 23 HPS with glass T-Top....

I find it so disappointing that this is the new MBG.....get with Mod Mark and discuss it with the "correct" factory rep...I wish you the best...

DC

Exactly what it sounds like Dino..... ooof ID be mad AF.   I always avoided leaving any of my boats at a shop of any kind if possible ie; if part needing repair could be seperated from the boat it would be and theyd only get the part..... ie lower unit, trailer etc.... the less they have the more I avoided oopsies.

IF its unavoidable to leave the boat, I clean it and take detailed video inside and out in the hopes if I get it back with damage the video can show it wasnt there already.