Center Console Shaking

stosiak

It’s hard to guess what I am looking at in the pics. 
It looks like the boat was shrink wrapped before transport. I would expect some filth from the long transit too.

Do you think the water got in from rain during transport or was it left there by the factory?

I can’t tell where the stray hole is and what other problems are in the pics. 
Can you explain them one at a time please ? Then I have a baseline for an inquiry..

Sorry for the compounded issues..

Mod Marc

A picture is worth a thousand words. The problem is that much can be read into the pictures. My take is the boat left Florida not wrapped being towed behind that black smoke slinging POS transport truck pictured. the water and ice and soot  all due to the shipping. I think the op wrapped the boat after delivery for the remainder of the winter. 
 As to the obvious damage and terrible workmanship and undone repairs, that is just terrible. You would think there is someone responsible for going over the boat before it left Florida to approve the repairs. If it were shipped back to a dealer one would think someone there would have to sign off that they received the boat in good repair. 
  I too would be beside myself. The fact that the factory nor the dealer cares make sure the owner gets what he paid for is more than disappointing. 
 I would be interested in hearing how the  pathfinder employees explain how this could happen. 

HoneyB correct in his statement " boat left Florida not wrapped being towed behind that black smoke slinging POS transport truck pictured",  except that the dealer was suppose to detail the boat  (per my not so happy email to the factory) have me inspect it then shrink wrap it. The dealer hoses it off no soap then wrapped it up. Left 4" of water in bilge frozen around bilge pumps. So I climb in the boat to inspect and found hatch drain hose off and big globs of what ever foam-glue they used to complete the bonding stuck to the floor. went to the front hatch and when I lifted the hatch, pull cord hanging with cut wires attached. With the shrink wrap on I cannot open all the hatches and at this point I'm so upset I just climb out and begin to unhook the boat trailer from the truck when I noticed the big gouge in the bow. Really nervous to inspect the boat with the shrink wrap off. So I dig out my trouble light and begin the melting bilge process. While the motor was off for the factory repair work I wanted the jack plate to sit flush on the transom like it is suppose and not on top of the transom cap molding. I called and sent email confirming this was going to be taken care of also per Pam and Steve. It is still in the same spot on top of the molding as I sent it with just more caulk to hide the wide gap. I posted pictures of this boat the day I was derigging her for her journey back to the factory. I wipe this boat down every time at the launch before I come home. I'm not new to the boating world been a charter captain over 20 years boating 40. Always done my own work and always bought used boats to fix up. Thought I would treat myself to something new but now wish I had dropped the deal in the beginning. I won't go back to the dealer nor the factory here on out I take care of it myself. I started writing down the problems I've had since I ordered it January 2021 and thought to myself what an idiot for allowing this to go on should of pulled the plug long ago. I was taught is you aint got nothin nice to say then don't say it. I will say I do enjoy the 2300 HPS, it has everything I was looking for in a boat just terrible customer service. I fixed it up when I got it new and I will do it again. When I'm done it will be better than new. 

• Like 2

So the boat departed your home fully functional everything operating with shaking console issue, shipped, repaired ,returned as photos show low quality and incomplete work, MBG would be getting a call with all of your photos of poor quality work and what are they going to do to get it straightened out, what was returned to you is unacceptable, hope they make this right

I’m sorry for the continued problems. I have to say that We here, are not used to bad service from MBG. I also see that they have pushed a lot of responsibilities back onto the dealers. This adds moving parts to the process: Towing subs and lot boys responsible for your very expensive boats.

I’m going to get with my contact and see what I can do. Exactly who did you deal with on this warranty issue at the factory ??

Mod Marc

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Moderator said:

I’m sorry for the continued problems. I have to say that We here, are not used to bad service from MBG. I also see that they have pushed a lot of responsibilities back onto the dealers. This adds moving parts to the process: Towing subs and lot boys responsible for your very expensive boats.

I’m going to get with my contact and see what I can do. Exactly who did you deal with on this warranty issue at the factory ??

Mod Marc

I have been corresponding with Pamela Collins and Steve Berry. 

What is your name, sir ?

I know so many of you, and prefer a name over a user/sig.

I sent a couple of texts and left a phone message with the folks I know. I started a pooh-storm, I think. I had callbacks while I was at work, and texts. I have to speak to a couple of people still, but I can tell you that the staff is super concerned with quality, and have struggled like every other producer after the shutdown, and personnel losses. Some of the procedures for warranty work did change and the dealers are the first stop now.

Everybody had the same problems and we the consumers don’t care for excuses when we spend good money !

It is hard to say how much we miss Skip Lyshon since he retired. He was always available to solve problems and make things happen, with just a phone call. I will find the factory person that we can turn to for help now, and try to have her/him present on the forum. 
I don’t know what they can do for you now Stosiak, but I shined a light on the dreadful photos you posted.. and will ask that they correct each step that failed you.

Did you get any follow up phone calls from either of them  after the return ?

More to follow..

Mod Marc

• Like 1

Dime to a dollar says the factory blames the dealer! Which is just wrong. I understand letting the dealer be the first stop but once it was determined it had to go home. Somebody at the factory should have owned the boat and repairs all the way to wrapping it for the trip north. But that’s just one man’s opinion. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, redzone1 said:

Ski boat manufacturer running the show now.  I am deeply disappointed with the outcome.

No doubt Stosiak was let down big time. There were layers of things that went wrong.
Keep in mind that the factory sent a truck up to Michigan to get his boat back to Florida for the repair. The boat was fixed and sent back to Michigan for the dealer to clean up and return to the owner. Lots of things went wrong. There are reasons, but No excuses
With dealers in the New England and Michigan areas now, the Florida boys have to figure out this winter thing. Wrapping and trailer transports come into play when they ship into winter weather.. 

And if you think Malibu makes ‘ski boats’, go to their website like I did to check them out. Malibu boats are strongly represented in lakes out to California.  Their big wakeboard boat is 26.5 feet, seats up to 18, has 600 hp and Holds up to 6000# of water ballast for wakeboarding. They bought MBG to have the premier inshore boats in their lineup as well.

Take a look like I did.

MM

16 minutes ago, Moderator said:

And if you think Malibu makes ‘ski boats’, go to their website like I did to check them out. Malibu boats are strongly represented in lakes out to California.  Their big wakeboard boat is 26.5 feet, seats up to 18, has 600 hp and Holds up to 6000# of water ballast for wakeboarding. They bought MBG to have the premier inshore boats in their lineup as well.

Take a look like I did.

It takes time to integrate such a large acquisition.....lots of processes need to be implemented between the two organizations....Malibu is a best in class company.....we all here, have been "spoiled" by the likes of Skip and with Direct ACCESS to Scott Deal when required....

I have no doubt that the team at Malibu/MGB will sort these issues out....take into account as well, Pandemic, NO LABOR  to speak of to train and make the boats....in my Previous job, we suffered from the same...people show up for one day, and say, "OH, it's too hard".  

Not saying anything is "correct" with what happened with Stosaik and I've seen / heard other problems with boats leaving the factory....they key to me is that they are a huge manufacturer (Malibu) and they'll get it right.....they know there are choices....HB, East Cape, and the list goes on...

The reason for the "Dealer NETWORK" is to expand their footprint....takes a while for the "dealers" to understand, they are now responsible for the issues at the factory- and I guarantee, once the dealers start pointing out the challenges, they will be fixed before they make it to the dealer....too much at stake and I"m glade to see STEVE is stepping in.......

Mark, glad you stepped in......

DC

MM thanks for assisting Stosiak, while Skip will obviously never be replaced, I believe you hit on an issue of MBG person being assigned to the site to assist as Skip did, I personally don't believe this would have escalated the way it did if Skip was still around. Cudos to you bud for driving this hoping the outcome is a good one! 

On 2/1/2023 at 8:25 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

It takes time to integrate such a large acquisition.....lots of processes need to be implemented between the two organizations....Malibu is a best in class company.....we all here, have been "spoiled" by the likes of Skip and with Direct ACCESS to Scott Deal when required....

I have no doubt that the team at Malibu/MGB will sort these issues out....take into account as well, Pandemic, NO LABOR  to speak of to train and make the boats....in my Previous job, we suffered from the same...people show up for one day, and say, "OH, it's too hard".  

Not saying anything is "correct" with what happened with Stosaik and I've seen / heard other problems with boats leaving the factory....they key to me is that they are a huge manufacturer (Malibu) and they'll get it right.....they know there are choices....HB, East Cape, and the list goes on...

The reason for the "Dealer NETWORK" is to expand their footprint....takes a while for the "dealers" to understand, they are now responsible for the issues at the factory- and I guarantee, once the dealers start pointing out the challenges, they will be fixed before they make it to the dealer....too much at stake and I"m glade to see STEVE is stepping in.......

Mark, glad you stepped in......

DC

Some things never change, don’t they DC?😏

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 26 with the same problem. It's caused my T-top to Crack in 4 places. It's obviously an issue as they fasten the newer models more securely. The consoles should be glassed in as the screws constantly back out. The guy I spoke with at MGB told me "uum you're going to have to put more screws in it". I love the hull design on this boat and it rides well for a bay boat but it's the most poorly constructed boat that I've ever owned. I had to take my radar off of the boat because the T-top and console cannot handle the additional weight. The added weight causes more sway and movement. 

Did they give you the process ?

Contact your dealer so they can look at the TTop and send the factory the info.  
If you have spoken to the warranty department, ask them what the plan is to fix the problems.  Fixing a working boat requires coordination and getting them the boat.. 

Let me know if I can help.

Marc

Just now, Moderator said:

Did they give you the process ?

Contact your dealer so they can look at the TTop and send the factory the info.  
If you have spoken to the warranty department, ask them what the plan is to fix the problems.  Fixing a working boat requires coordination and getting them the boat.. 

Let me know if I can help.

Marc

Will do. Much appreciated.