Ordered a New 2200 TRS Today

Ron in Atlanta

A little more room for all the camera equipment, a little more of a solid ride when the chop picks up between Lake Ingram and Flamingo, etc.

What this means of course is that the cleanest, shiniest 2009 2000V ever, will soon be for sale (end of April). Now I know there is a place on the Forum for "Boats for Sale" and when the time comes, I'll list her there but this is just a tease...

Miss%20Laurie-6_zpsrz1eay0h.jpg

Miss%20Laurie-14_zps1igvylg1.jpg

Miss%20Laurie-9_zpsjgx6z86g.jpg

Miss%20Laurie-3_zps3hgvsdit.jpg

Miss%20Laurie-1_zpsrlvzqeip.jpg

Yes, that is the bilge!

Anyway, looking forward to the new boat and finding a good home for "Miss Laurie"

Miss%20Laurie-12_zps3zhohvqa.jpg

I really think you need to have this boat detailed before you take pictures to try and sell it. It's a good thing you have till April to get it cleaned up!!!

Has this boat ever been in the water? Absolutely the definition

of a cream puff! This will not be a hard sell.

Wow, and this rig has over a thousand hours???? Just curious, did that T-H Marine inspection hatch in the motor well come with the boat or was it added later on?

The hatch in the motor well came with the boat just as you see it.

Here is one we added at the dealer during delivery.

I do not like a transducer hanging off the transom like a tiny wakeboarder. It's just not clean and ruins the clean lines of the transom. I asked the dealer if he would mount a P 79 transducer in the bilge, reading through the hull. George pointed out the POCKET under the bilge where air mixed with water and made it impossible for a transducer to get a reading. I suggested that it be mounted further forward, in clean water. "There is no access to the inside of the hull further forward" says the dealer. "Do you have a saw?" I asked.

Here is what we did...

pics015.jpg

pics014.jpg

pics016.jpg

Cut the hole under the leaning post, installed hatch, installed transducer.

There is plenty of room there, I installed a second transducer there for a second digital depth gauge a few weeks latter. The reason for the second depth gauge? The Garmin chart plotter reads depth accurately down to 2 feet, maybe 1.8 feet. I want to know when then depth reaches 1 foot. The second gauge will read to that depth accurately.

Funny. I am the same way about transducers hanging off the back with cables running exposed down the transom. When I bought my "new"

2007 2200V a few months back, it had an old Raymarine flush mount plotter/sounder with obligatory transom mount ducer. Well, I put on a new Garmin plotter/sounder flush mounted unit with a bronze thru-hull. I just didn't need all the side view, ghost view, invisible view stuff that came with the Garmin ducer to trout fish in 5 feet of water. Now, it is down at Master Repair in Stuart, and one of the first things Mike did for me was to pull the transom ducer off and fill the screw holes! Looks tons better! By the way, my bilge looks clean and shiny like yours, and Mike put a T-H Marine hatch in the motor well, except my hatch cover is black.

Hey Captain Chuck,

I ordered a 2200 TRS, 150 motor, 10" Garmin, VHF radio, full cover down to the waterline with solar powered exhaust fan, front cushions and Ameritrail (of course) twin axle trailer.

I wanted a 24 but I do not like the half step they put just aft of the casting deck, it takes way too much walking around room out of the boat. Linsey Marine had a 22 right next to a 24 in their yard last winter. I walked around the 24, then stepped over to the 22 and found it had MORE walking around room.

My color, the dark blue, is now a "custom hull color" and costs extra (even though almost every boat in their catalog is that color).

When it gets here in April, first thing is a wash with Dawn to get rid of the mold release wax then a few coats of you-know-what!

If you know anyone looking for a great pre-owned boat, my current 2000V is it.

You already know this but the 2200 TRS is a great boat. We have been enjoying ours for a few months now. It is similarly equipped with the F150, which I have found matched with the OFX 4 and jackplate to be perfect for my needs. Waiting is the hardest part...or so says Tom Petty.

I have the 17 pitch. Got it from Ken at prop gods. After the 20 hr break in I started to play with it a bit more. My max rpms are about 5700 at 46 mph with light to moderate load (me and one other guy, light gear, and about 1/2 fuel). I rarely run wide open and find that I usually cruise at about 3800 rpm and 28-30 mph. The F150 is no speed demon and the four blade probably does decrease top end but the hole shot is great and the shallow water stability is worth it for me.

BKH,

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a OFX4 x 17p this morning from Blair Props in Stuart. I spoke

with Marcus at PowerTech day before yesterday, and that's what he recommended. I have been

trying to poll as many 2200/F150/jack plate owners as possible in order to get the right prop on the first try. I will be thrilled if I can hit

46 mph and 5700 rpms! AND, get the shallow water capability out of the jack plate!

BKH,

Thanks for the info. I just ordered a OFX4 x 17p this morning from Blair Props in Stuart. I spoke

with Marcus at PowerTech day before yesterday, and that's what he recommended. I have been

trying to poll as many 2200/F150/jack plate owners as possible in order to get the right prop on the first try. I will be thrilled if I can hit

46 mph and 5700 rpms! AND, get the shallow water capability out of the jack plate!

Be sure to have it ported (holes in the prop) for additional "spin" on holeshot...

I was one of the first to run the OFX 17 3/8 ported from PT.

It winds up nice out of the hole...tabs down full, JP on 6, you will spinn up....

on my Path 22, WOT was about 45-46 on a good day light...

Cruise was in the 34-36 range....

enjoy.......

dc

Thanks for the great info. I have seen your video on the PT website. They are doing the 3/8 port. I have two more questions for you.....do you remember what was your top rpm with the PT prop, AND more important to me, what hole was your engine mounted in.....the top hole or the second? I just had an Atlas 6 inch jack plate installed. I am trying to get the boat/engine combination dialed in as close as possible before the boat leaves the shop with the new PT OFX 4 x 17P, 3/8 port, prop and jack plate. Mine should set up exactly the same as yours was since my boat is a 2007 2200V, with the F150, 20 inch shaft.

Thanks much for your info,

Jeff

Archived