Fishing west bay Panama City

I don’t have anyone to really ask another fishing.  44 years old. Worked A LOT since 17 years old.  Dad and grandpa did too.  So anyway I just wanna learn to fish in the bay.  What’s the set up and techniques? I don’t care what I catch I just wanna catch.  Wife doesn’t eat seafood, I don’t care to deal with prep, I just wanna fish to be fishing!  Are there bream over in the west bay?  I know there are reds.  Seems like artificials is what most use for reds.  Just toss it and pop it while retrieve?   How don’t catch flounder for example?  I know this sounds dumb but dang it I don’t know who else to ask so here I am!  Thanks 

We were all  newbys at one time. I am east of you in Carrabelle ,but Fish’n technics are about the same. Popping cork with new penny gulp over grass flats will catch, trout, reds, flounder. I like catch’n pin fish and tipping the bait with thumb size cut. Many times I'll take cork off and cast to sand spots.fish around old docks and pilings

good luck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greenbone said:

We were all  newbys at one time. I am east of you in Carrabelle ,but Fish’n technics are about the same. Popping cork with new penny gulp over grass flats will catch, trout, reds, flounder. I like catch’n pin fish and tipping the bait with thumb size cut. Many times I'll take cork off and cast to sand spots.fish around old docks and pilings

good luck 

How about line and weight?  When I say “I don’t know much”. I mean it haha. 

• 2 weeks later...