-- HELP -- I NEED PROP RECOMENDATIONS FOR A 2005 22' TOURNAMENT WITH A NEW F150 YAMAHA

Hobo

Hey Friends,,, 

Today is the day!! 

My 2005 22' Tournament Pathfinder with a T-Top is getting new life...  My old 2005 200 HPDI Yamaha is being replaced with a new F150 Yamaha to hopefully last me the rest of my lifetime... 

I saved my prop off the old 200 HPDI which is a three-blade stainless Yamaha stamped "21 M"...   I know the new smaller four-stroke won't be able to handle this much pitch so I am searching for recommendations from some of you members here on this forum with a similar set-up... The 21 M on the 200 HPDI would push this PF right at 50 mph trimmed out...

I know there are plenty of similar set-ups out there with the F150 on 22' PDFs w/T-Tops and I would really appreciate a few of these owners sharing their prop size and performance info..  

I'm thinking it will be in the 17" -19" pitch three blades or perhaps a 4-blade...

I'll begin testing this afternoon with what I currently have available...

Thank you in advance!!

4 hours ago, Hobo said:

'm thinking it will be in the 17" -19" pitch three blades or perhaps a 4-blade...

OFX 17 ported 3/8" 4  blade....enough said :)

Power Tech...I was the first, but, not the last with this prop and JP...with the JP, you gotta have the bite in the turns and hole shot and especially when you gotta raise the JP.

Call Marcus....maybe things have changed...but, it was good back in 2005...now, I did NOT HAVE T TOP.

DC

Well,,,,, 

I ended up with a Yamaha Reliance Series  17-M 14-1/4,  3-blade,  stainless steel prop...  It pushes my 22' TE Pathfinder 45 mph while turning 6,000 rpm...  It got 4.7 mpg...  What more could I ask for??

I'm happy!!  

• Like 1