1998 Redfisher stringers

Wp2LC

I’m a long time admirer but never owned a Hewes. I think I’ve found the right boat for me but I have a few questions about the stringers. It’s a 1998 Redfisher 18. I’ve read they got rid of the wood in the early 90’s but I’m also reading a lot of guys talk about replacing the stringers. 
Care the stringers a concern in that year and model?

What should I expect to have to pay a professional to replace them if it was worse case?

What do I need to look for when I inspect the boat?

Thanks I’m advance for any help!

Move this in the general forum section and you will get more attention from guys that used to have Hewes and now have Pathfinder or Mavericks. I havent heard of any stringer issues on the Hewes on the forum but anything is possible. Pay for a survey and they will check that for you when you find one you are set on buying. They do it for a living and will find it if its there most likely. There is no wood from a decade before that boat so no concern there. There are a few people that have had stringers fixed/replaced. They can tell you the costs, I havent done it so dont really know exactly,but It sounded like be prepared to double pay for your boat.