2300 guys

shark bait

I was originally going with a 12" MFD but I opted for 2 7" displays instead and I have really enjoyed that set up. I use 1 as a dedicated chart plotter and 1 as a dedicated bottom machine. And it builds in redundancy. Something to consider.

Thru hull transducer in front of the step -- only way to go. Unless they are able to gl*** them in during the build at the factory, you probably won't have room for 2 sidescan transducers and a downscan transducer up there so you might consider a more affordable unit (or 2) that omits those capabilities. Anyone with other experience please chime in here. Of course you can use transom mounts and probably be fine.

I have all 4 batteries in the console. Frees up the hatch behind the leaning post for bumpers, first aid, emergency beer, etc...

If I had it to do again I think I would get the 36v trolling motor. The 24v is sufficient though.

My boat has a 250 SHO propped with a SWS 15" 23 pitch 4 blade. And it is right.

You will love this boat.

I have a stand through second station. I use a 7610 in the main console and 7608 up top. I would love to have the 7612 but it's a lot more expensive. I used a Airmar B60 for main transducer and haven't yet installed my side/structure scan transducer. Get good depth readings and I'm very happy with the performance. Mine has a XCA200 on it and it's exactly what I expected, I use a 17p 3 blade PT prop. WOT 5800/48mph but I have a sail with the second station. Sips fuel though and comes out of the hole very well in shallow water. I have the 24vdc trolling motor, in the panhandle it does everything I need or expect. Works well on days I go in the Gulf and use spot lock, but I'm sure the 36vdc would be a lot better. I have 4 batteries, but I like having a back up house battery. With everything running and the JL audio cranked up, I've needed it a couple times. Hope it helps!

I currently have two 7" Lowrance HDS Gen 2 touch screens, similar setup to 'Certified Rehab' above. It works great to have Chartplotter on one screen and Bottom image on the other. I mounted the bottom machine on the upper right hand corner of the dash and the Chartplotter on the stock mount on top of the dash. This makes the chartplotter very easy to see when running and I can adjust the screen angle for different light conditions. I have the airmar B60 thru-hull transducer. Works great up until about 35mph then stars to chatter a bit as it's probably out of the water half the time.

Trolling motor, I went with the 36V. I use it all the time, especially when offshore bottom fishing. The 36V has no problem holding the boat in heavy current and wind on spot lock function. I can say that the spot lock feature is probably the best fishing tool ever. The power pole gets used very infrequently! My batteries (three optima AGM for the trolling motor, pl;us one standard house battery) are all mounted in the center console.

Prop - I have the F200 with a Yamaha SDS 13 3/4 x 19 that I just had turned down to an 18P to get a few more revs and better holeshot. Gets out of the hole great and it will run 46-48 at WOT in the 56-5800 rpm range depending on trim and jackplate. And that is with three adults, both coolers loaded with drinks and ice (4 bags), full fishing gerar and 12 rods plus both livewells full. This hull definitely likes to run with the motor up on the jackplate between 3 and 4. I can get 51 mpg with a light load.

Love the boat, it really does everything from flats to river to offshore, all very well.

I don't have a Garmin but I was between the 7612xsv and Simrad NSS12. I chose the NSS12 and love the 12" display. I went with a B75M thru-hull that I had installed during the build at the factory. I also have a structure scan transom transducer.

As for the TM, I went 36v with the minn kota iPilot 112. I have all 4 batteries mounted in the console(optima blue tops). I chose to keep only one battery for the house/cranking as I have never had trouble with that setup on past boats and on the Pathfinder they have the battery switch setup to jump from one of your TM batteries should you need it.

Four batteries in the floor behind leaning post. Buy a flow rite battery watering system and you only have to pull them out when you change them.

Definitely get the 36 volt trolling motor unless you never fish in wind and/or current. I have the Motorguide Xi5 and love it. It holds you at anchor and doesn't search like some others I've been on. I also have twin talons, which I only use while at the dock now.

I have the 250 SHO, four blade 15x23 Yamaha hi seas prop-the same one used in the test data-and the boat flies. Mine likes the jackplate all the way down and I'll hit 62-64 at 5700-5800 rpm depending on wind/current with two guys and full fishing gear.

I have the lowrance HDS9 with structure scan and am happy with it, though I wish I would have gotten the 12" screen. Make sure they mount your transducer in front of the step. I Had to make them move mine and I think they put it in the center hole of the fuel cell.

The only complaint I would have is the high speed pickup will fill and overflow your wells when running at high speeds. You have to close the seacocks partially to slow it down, but when you do that if you use your raw water wash down you lose flow because it is fed from the same through hull supply. and it slows down the filling of your wells if you're stopped and trying to use the pump.

I have the 250 SHO and get 61 mph at 6000 rpm running light.

Have your thru-hull transducer installed at the factory. They mount it in front of the step, in the hole in the gas tank. In flat water, mine will read the bottom at 50mph. In a chop, maybe 35mph.

I'm using a 24 volt 80lb. Motorguide. Works fine for me, but I mostly fish the flats. Three batteries in the floor hatch behind the leaning post.

I've never had a problem with the live-wells overflowing. But, the wash-down pump preforms poorly when using the same water pick-up as the live-wells as installed at the factory. I punched a new hole in the hull and attached a separate sea-cock for the wash-down, works great. You might want to have that done at the factory.

Another thing you might want to think about is additional rod holders. HPS comes standard with two rod holders in the rear deck, but the average person can't reach them from the floor. I had two more installed at the factory close to where the rear deck and floor meet.

The white hose is the new water pick-up for the wash-down pump.

DSC08321_zps95a4d446.jpg

This is the hole for your transducer.

DSC05748_zps8e304f4b.jpg

Yes, I did loose the top rod tube. But, I rotated the rod holder toward the rear and that gave me room to install the top rod tube. Took some engineering, but I did it.

That's why it's very important to ask questions before you order. Some times you have to be very specific with your factory requests. The OP is doing the right thing. Ask about everything and you won't have any unexpected surprises.

DSC09617_zps7c58a161.jpg

Archived