2001 Pathfinder 2200v with 4.2L 225 SHO

Chance

I have a 2001 pathfinder that I repowered with a 225 SHO but the prop always blows out. I can’t tell you what it is, haven’t looked at it in ages, but it’s never had the right bite and hits the 6100rpm mark pretty easy.  

I found a OFS4 21” on eBay that looked new for $140 shipped so bought it. Did I screw up? It’s not the OFX and I can’t really find performance number differences between the two but I can’t imagine it being any worse than what’s on there. It’s a couple hours drive away and I don’t get deliveries there so it’s a bit of a hassle trying out props. If the OFS handles anything like the OFX(I’ve read some say it gives more bow lift) I’m wondering if the SHO has the torque to handle a 15.25” 21p four blade.  Boat has a T-Top and usually 3 or 4 full size adults when fishing and when booze cruising just kids. Pulls skiers too.

4 minutes ago, fishmanjj said:

I had a 2001 PF 24’ with a F250 Yamaha and I ran a OFX 21” 4 blade and it worked out very well. Good stern lift prop. It would turn 5800 with 4 blade which was about 54 mph. It was faster with a 3 blade but didn’t handle well.

Mine is the 2200v but also a 225 vs a 250. If I could hit 5800 that’d be awesome. I’m reading posts on other forums about SHOs making oil. Hoping the 21p doesn’t lug it so hard it makes oil. Yamaha says 5000-6000rpm but I’m reading that’s a very low bottom. Thanks for the reply. 

• Like 2