The party is over

D-linesider

This is a total departure from the current architecture of what a bay boat is. I completely understand from a business perspective you need to cater to the masses. But as a shallow draft hard core fishing bay boat this boat is terrible. You are losing sight of what set Pathfinders apart and kept such a loyal following in my opinion. I dreaded the day I would need to shop elsewhere but all good things seem to eventually come to an end. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fin-addict said:

Nice boat if you want a family style CC. Not a flats or back country boat. 

1.) The new owners are waterski boats....so, 1/2 the video was about water skiiing

2.) There was another 20 seconds showing hot mommies eating $25.00 / lb cheese and cold cuts - out for a night with Dad and friends

3.) The boat is set with much higher gunnels....something "mommies" like when you have a little rug rate running about the boat and are always afraid they will fall overboard

4.) There are a couple of shot where they are displaying nice shade set ups...

So, realize...it's NOT the same boat company....they will be selling this at probably 200+ dealers in their network worldwide....and I would suspect it will be a hit in the Great Lakes....

They are still offering many options like the HPS 2300 if you want a hard core fishing boat...I have my HPS - it's called two bean bags on the deck :)

Times are a changing....reminds me a bit of the 23DV with the stern set up....be interesting to see what the hull looks like compared to it :)

dc

I am a new Pathfinder owner, and I like my boat. It’s really been a nice rig for my wife and I.

The purchase process and follow up only went okay. Getting the boat dialed in has been not always easy. I probably wouldn’t do this again. The company seems headed the wrong way.

• Like 1

I’ve owned 2 Pathfinders , 2 Master Anglers and 1 Redisher.....all were very good fishing boats and comfortable enough with a bean bag to head to the beaches....my current 22 is a fine fishing boat and is comfortable on the beach fronts. After looking at the new 24 video, it looks like MBG is headed to the lakes with families in mind rather than fishing. It’s a shame because they have the molds and could do both. That only benefits the other bay boat builders and will have the “ anglers” looking elsewhere. Pathfinder was always a step ahead of the competition..... but change is inevitable and unfortunately the quality also goes down the tube once creature comforts start being added.  One good thing about the direction Pathfinder is heading is that the resale of older Pathfinders is through the roof.  

Here is a pic of my current 2200 which is a year 2009 and now worth just what I paid for it in 2012, 10 years later.

6393B281-E57F-4D5B-AF1D-2BA34E738695.jpeg

B323EF43-584A-4FE2-AD2C-FA8F1569C5F8.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well stated Jackie,,,,

That's a good looking boat you have there..  It looks brand new!!

I've actually lost count of how many different MBC boats I've owned and fished but it is multiple numbers of Mavericks, Hewes and Pathfinders, with the numbers of Pathfinders being owned in the double digits...  I joined the Pathfinder family back in 2001 and have always had at least one MBC boat in my boatshed....

I've also noticed the trend especially for the Pathfinder line, they seem to be leaning more and more away from being primarily a hard-core fishing boat "built for fishermen by fishermen" (I always liked that motto)...  Lately it seems more and more emphasis is being focused on marketing the water recreational type family sports (wakeboarding, skiing, tubing, etc.) and cruising and less about fishing...  I started noticing this trend back when PF began with the TRS models...  Personally, I consider myself to be in the "serious fisherman" category and I have no practical need for the fold-up seats..  In Pathfinder's defense, they did come out with the tournament grade TE editions with enhanced live-wells and bait-wells for both the 22' and 24' Pathfinders...

Your statement "One good thing about the direction Pathfinder is heading is that the resale of older Pathfinders is through the roof", is spot on!  Back in June, this year, right before I upgraded the engine on my 2005 Pathfinder TE, a local-doctor friend of mine made me a firm offer which was exactly twice what I paid for it back on June 20, 2020..  Of course I have made substantial upgrades since I bought it.. I enhanced the leaning post, t-top, up-graded the electronics, console, batteries, and wiring...  Regardless, it is not for sale...

********************************************************************************************************

Jackie,,,,  I just have to ask!! (LOL)  What is a REDISHER boat???

image.thumb.jpeg.bde833a0d1fabc4c2cf78132292c588e.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/23/2022 at 1:19 PM, Hobo said:

Well stated Jackie,,,,

That's a good looking boat you have there..  It looks brand new!!

I've actually lost count of how many different MBC boats I've owned and fished but it is multiple numbers of Mavericks, Hewes and Pathfinders, with the numbers of Pathfinders being owned in the double digits...  I joined the Pathfinder family back in 2001 and have always had at least one MBC boat in my boatshed....

I've also noticed the trend especially for the Pathfinder line, they seem to be leaning more and more away from being primarily a hard-core fishing boat "built for fishermen by fishermen" (I always liked that motto)...  Lately it seems more and more emphasis is being focused on marketing the water recreational type family sports (wakeboarding, skiing, tubing, etc.) and cruising and less about fishing...  I started noticing this trend back when PF began with the TRS models...  Personally, I consider myself to be in the "serious fisherman" category and I have no practical need for the fold-up seats..  In Pathfinder's defense, they did come out with the tournament grade TE editions with enhanced live-wells and bait-wells for both the 22' and 24' Pathfinders...

Your statement "One good thing about the direction Pathfinder is heading is that the resale of older Pathfinders is through the roof", is spot on!  Back in June, this year, right before I upgraded the engine on my 2005 Pathfinder TE, a local-doctor friend of mine made me a firm offer which was exactly twice what I paid for it back on June 20, 2020..  Of course I have made substantial upgrades since I bought it.. I enhanced the leaning post, t-top, up-graded the electronics, console, batteries, and wiring...  Regardless, it is not for sale...

********************************************************************************************************

Jackie,,,,  I just have to ask!! (LOL)  What is a REDISHER boat???

image.thumb.jpeg.bde833a0d1fabc4c2cf78132292c588e.jpeg

A redfisher is actually a Hewes Redfish....after spell check gets done with it and the typist doesn’t check it 😂😂🤣😂😅😂🤣

There is a great article from years back how Scott Deal started the Maverick Boat company with the mold from the Berg boat.  He was a bonefish guy and had the mold modified to be a better bonefish platform.. The Master Angler lapstrake… He built & sold a bunch of them then purchased the Hewes brand from Bob Hewes.. He made them better for the backcountry fishermen.. 

When you assemble a factory and have the skilled people there, and get a dealer network set up, it’s logical to build other boats for other buyers. Scott Deal bought the Pathfinder brand from a local welding shop that was fabbing these little bay boats out of aluminum.  They were Pathfinders.. He bought the aluminum hulls and decked them in glass until he had a hull mold made up.  These were the 17t’s Then he built the 1806 from scratch.. My favorite PF !

Since that day, all the boats Scott built were tweaked and improved every year.  The hardware changed as better hinges were made, and the layouts were improved based on what the fishermen wanted. 
Ask Skip Lyshon ! New models were built, hulls were engineered, not just designed, etc.

My whole point is that when a manufacturer is in the business of selling boats, they watch what’s selling and how people ‘buy’.  Recently, The internet has allowed people to buy boats from their living rooms by comparing features, price and ratings.. Covid lockdown added more online shopping.. 

Change is the only thing guaranteed with boats, as we are seeing. 
The silver lining is that Maverick, Hewes, Pathfinder and Cobia have built a crap-ton of great boats over the years and owners take good care of them.. We will always be able to find that special model we love. 
Not many other boats hold their value like these !!  20 year old boats are still worth what we paid for them.. 

Be at peace with change, (even though I hate it..)

Marc

• Like 2

This new 2400 would not appeal to me but maybe for someone just getting into a bay boat for the first time who has younger children. I bought my 2015 4 years ago with 50hrs on it. I’m glad I did absolutely love this boat and it checks all the boxes for me. From inshore fishing,scalloping,the keys offshore chasing dolphin on good days, to the lake or hanging out on the sand bars. I think I will keep this one for a long time. DA915F4C-9681-4C5E-804F-0CCCF29A291F.thumb.jpeg.694365edcddf31e70175b0d12a3a1de4.jpeg

• Like 1