Fishing the inside of Flamingo

Hey everyone,

I was looking for some info on fishing the inside of Flamingo this coming winter (Jan, Feb or beginning of March). We are planning on renting a house boat for 3 days and staying out in whitewater bay. We will also have our 18ft skiff with us. Looking for info on what most people target during these 3 months lost above. I understand weather will play a big factor but unfortunately these are the only available times I have. I would like to target Redfish, Snook,trout, tarpon etc......

Thank you

It definitely does depend on the weather and tide .

WWB is huge and there are several different estuary’s that can be explored, in the weekend .

I dunno , never did the houseboat thing , but if I did , the Horseshoe area would be where I might anchor up .

Good fishing around there also .

Shallow bays , with sunny mud shores , can have all your species, trying to keep warm .

Out front , shrimp , on a knocker rig in deeper pockets or on a popping cork over grassy areas like around Oyster Bay .

Tarpon Bay is another option , that can hold everything including bass .

Find a pattern that works , and keep applying that to other areas .

Good luck !

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

On 8/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, Striker85 said:

I would like to target Redfish, Snook,trout, tarpon etc......

I would suggest getting a "top spot" map...they are pretty good for learning White Water Bay and Shark River area.

it has some spots and tips..

As well, White Water Bay can get pretty nasty during the winter with a east wind....in those cases, run the Joe River....if you don't have a FMT chip, I'd advise to get one.

Enjoy the Park...and don't speed on the road in...it's a 38 mile run and everyone gets antsy and wants to run 70 mph...don't do it.

Finally, a trip to Flamingo always requires a stop at Don's Bait shop and a 2nd stop at the Marathon gas station for Dion's chicken.....get there early (like by 0500)  or they sell out :)

dc

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 7:15 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

I would suggest getting a "top spot" map...they are pretty good for learning White Water Bay and Shark River area.

it has some spots and tips..

As well, White Water Bay can get pretty nasty during the winter with a east wind....in those cases, run the Joe River....if you don't have a FMT chip, I'd advise to get one.

Enjoy the Park...and don't speed on the road in...it's a 38 mile run and everyone gets antsy and wants to run 70 mph...don't do it.

Finally, a trip to Flamingo always requires a stop at Don's Bait shop and a 2nd stop at the Marathon gas station for Dion's chicken.....get there early (like by 0500)  or they sell out :)

dc

Forgot Roberts's on the way back !☺️