17V with 115 SHO with a power pole.

Dc5r0y

Hi guys, I'm Roy and new to the forum. I just recently bought a used 2019 HPX-V 17 with a 115 SHO and would like to add a 6ft power pole. 

My reasoning for posting is due to the fact I couldn't picture being able to mount a power pole inboard of the trim tabs and not interfere with the engine when turning towards the PP. I spoke to the factory and they mentioned they normally place a wedge in-between the transom and the PP to angle it away from the engine. I was curious if anyone who has such wedge placed on their HPX and wouldn't mind posting a pic on here for me? 

If you've also managed to install a PP after the skiff left factory and was installed in a different matter, I'm all ears. 

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20220903_190725_Gallery.jpg

22 hours ago, jaco2 said:

outside of tab

Problem with that is the D-ring for the stern straps. Not a whole lot of space left around them. I know the HPX-S has PP mounted on the outside of the tabs. Seems like the V models have them in the inboard/inside. I know maverick also puts a metal plate you can tap into, but it's on the inside of the tab closer to the motor. 

Thanks for the input either way guys. I may just reach out to PP or my local maverick dealer. 

9 hours ago, Dc5r0y said:

I know maverick also puts a metal plate you can tap into, but it's on the inside of the tab closer to the motor. 

You need to through bolt....there is a lot of stress on the bolts....tapping could result in it breaking away.

I would  Through bolt with 2" washers or make a aluminum backing plate.  And, yes like others mentioned....8 foot.

dc

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Update: Had my local power pole dealer install the pole and it came out perfect. Motor clears even clocked all the way. All thanks to a wedge made of starboard to angle it away from the motor just enough. Identical wedge inside the bildge area to have everything squared against the transom.

20221121_201337.jpg

20221121_201452.jpg

20221121_201358.jpg

20221121_201408.jpg

• Like 1