Battery switch question blue seas 6011

tarheeler

I’ve searched and can’t locate a solid answer on here or blue seas website. My 24 TRS has the Blue Seas 6011 which is the main battery switch. I’m confused to which of the two batteries are used for starting. Battery 1 cable goes to 1 on the switch. Battery 2 cable goes to 2 on the switch. The other battery 2 terminal on the switch has no cable coming off of it and the number 1 does. 

I guess my question is why is there no power cable coming off #2 if the #2 battery is connected to the other #2 on the 6011 switch 

(1) The positive cable from the #1 battery goes to the #1 post on the battery switch

(2) The positive cable from the #2 battery goes to the #2 post on the battery switch

If any other wires/cable is attached to either the #1 or #2 posts of the battery switch it will be the non-switchable feed for the bilge pump.

You mention the "other #2 on the switch"...    I have never seen or used one of the BlueSea 6011 batteries but from what I see and read on their website it does have four total posts on the back... This "make before break" arrangement allows for simultaneously switching two isolated battery banks without interruption.  This "make before break" contact design allows switching between battery banks without power interruption

I'm assuming this second "#2" is for the additional battery bank...  I do notice that this second #2 post is not embossed and readable as the other #2 post...

How many batteries do you have and how are they configured?

The 6011 switches 2 separate systems at the same time with the ability to parallel for emergency starting. It should also have an ACR to charge them both. This would be used for a dedicated cranking battery on post 1 and the house on post 2. It looks like to me, you only have post 1 connected and battery 2 is strictly used for emergency parallel.