What prop

Marty Bernet

What motor ya got, and do you have aJack plate ?

A lot of sellers take off their expensive props and put on a spare or a dog before the boat goes.. If the engine ran up to 5000+ when you test drove the boat, then you may have the wrong prop. 
There can be other reasons too: Bad plugs, fuel pump diaphragm torn, etc..

MM

2 hours ago, Moderator said:

What motor ya got, and do you have aJack plate ?

A lot of sellers take off their expensive props and put on a spare or a dog before the boat goes.. If the engine ran up to 5000+ when you test drove the boat, then you may have the wrong prop. 
There can be other reasons too: Bad plugs, fuel pump diaphragm torn, etc..

MM

No jack plate. It was all just serviced. It runs fine, just a little low on rpms. 

1 hour ago, Marty Bernet said:

Sorry  about that, it’s a 17  with the original 130. 

My brother had an 18.5 with a 115 inshore Yamaha.  He ran a 13.25 x 18p Yamaha 3 blade.  He would reach 5200 - 5500 depending on load.  Max RPM on the 130 is 6,000rpm.  I think a 17 or 18 3 blade will get you there.  Normally on a 4 blade you need a pitch lower than a 3 blade to reach the same RPMs 

On 9/21/2022 at 11:30 AM, Lap it Up said:

My brother had an 18.5 with a 115 inshore Yamaha.  He ran a 13.25 x 18p Yamaha 3 blade.  He would reach 5200 - 5500 depending on load.  Max RPM on the 130 is 6,000rpm.  I think a 17 or 18 3 blade will get you there.  Normally on a 4 blade you need a pitch lower than a 3 blade to reach the same RPMs 

I wish I knew what this 4 was other than a 13.25". There are no pitch markings on it. 

• 1 month later...

I know I’m a little late to the party but i had a 150 SWS2 on my 18.5 I was running a 15.25x17p ofx4 Powertech.  Was able to hit WOT in the normal range I repowered to a new 150 fourstroke and am still running that prop. Works great. The pitch may be a hair off on the four stoke as it will slip if a second if you hammer it hard but other than that no complaints.