Hewes 18 redfisher prop question

SeaSerpent123

I know it's been beaten to death but I want a 4 blade for more hole shot and lift in the stern.  Right now, my max speed is 44 mph with 2 people but only running 5200-5400 rpm.  I can't get the rpm any more not mattter how much I trim.  Engine is a 115 sho.  Anyone running my set up with a 4 blade that have the dims so I can buy one.  

3 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Joe

Call Marcus at Power Tech Props......I'd go with a 4 blade Sternlifter...Had one on my RF back in 2003 with 115...ran great....

BTW, your prop should have all the specs....on the either inside our outside....pitch etc.

dc

I emailed him, just wanting to know if anyone on here is happy with theirs on the same set up.  Waiting on marcus and also prop gods to order.  

• 1 month later...

Think I’m a little late to this discussion

When we were setting up our  2018 Hewes MBG put me in touch with Carabee Marine the Maverick/Hewes/Pathfinder dealer  in Islamoranda. They asked me what my objective was then gave me the part# and  even called my dealer in Sarasota and told them what I needed. In our case we ended up with a four blade that gave us good all around performance and almost 7 mpg running the 115 SHO.. We used the boat a lot around Islamorada and back in Flamingo so a quick hole shot was important to us. Our top end was around 46-48 mph Depending on load. Avg load was 30 gal fuel and both live wells full. Since Carabee rigs so many boats for shallow water use they were very experienced and helpful 

sorry I can’t recall the part# of the 18P 4-blade, couple years ago we moved to a Cobia 21 Bay