HPX-V Steering wheel blocks GPS fix

Tender

Not sure if this has bothered anyone else and I know there are a lot of different console configurations. But looking through/around my steering wheel and the wheel blocking half of the screen was annoying, so I started looking for a solution.

Originally was looking at buying a tilt helm to the tune of $800, called Boat Steering Solutions and spoke to Keith he mentioned that they make a 20° wedge for $100. I jumped on that option and I'm pretty happy with the result, really easy install. I thought this might help someone else. Tilt helm would have done just as well, if not a shade better but for $700 difference I'll take this all day.

Before

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5564.jpg

After

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

• Like 4

• Tender changed the title to HPX-V Steering wheel blocks GPS fix

No larger hole required. Did have to drill 4  of a 1/4" diameter hole to bolt the wedge in place but nothing else. You can see the bolt head location in the last pic. He did tell me the tilt helm required a larger hole if I were to go that route. Definitely a nice change and very easy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tender said:

No larger hole required. Did have to drill 4  of a 1/4" diameter hole to bolt the wedge in place but nothing else. You can see the bolt head location in the last pic. He did tell me the tilt helm required a larger hole if I were to go that route. Definitely a nice change and very easy.

Nice innovation Brother !!! 

Well done.....

dc

Got a chance to run it this weekend, I was in my home waters so besides running before sunup didn't really need the GPS but what a huge improvement. I have no idea why Maverick thought it was a good idea to put the panel for the GPS directly behind the steering wheel on this console. None the less 2 thumbs up!

• Like 1