Ocean LED vs TH Marine

Redchaser12

I have 4 TH Marine underwater LED lights on my hull. They are decent, but keep burning out slowly. Dealers have them for 40-50$, but Ebay has them for $21.

Has anyone compared these to a higher brand like Ocean LED to see if its worth upgrading? A lot more cash but is it gonna be that much brighter?

I cannot make a direct comparison, but when I was looking for a pair of underwater lights, I chose the Ocean LED A4 Xtreme Pro. There may be new models, if you shop around, you should be able to get a good price. I liked the look and electronics(flashing as well as steady on) this model had. The four lights were bright enough for my application. I did comparisons at a boat show to see them in person before ordering them. I also wanted ones that fit my transom the best. Some of the numbers are misleading. Ocean LED older models(A3) are not as bright. I also didn't want any problems once installed. The extra cost is well worth your time if you have to start replacing them. Good luck.

I don't know what color you would like, but check this link out...

http://www.boatersland.com/oceanled-amphibian-a4-white.html?gclid=CNPHzPPj0MsCFQoNaQodRPsK4g

Archived