2200xl F150 25” shaft. Which prop

Fastfish

I have a new to me 2007 2200xl F150 25” shaft bobs jack plate no Ttop Current prop is a 3 blade yamaha reliance 19p.  It’s a dog.  Out of the hold slow and max rpm is 5200 and top speed barely 40mph.  

Borrowed the same prop in a 17p and got it up to 5700rpm and 43mph.

What do you guys recommend on this setup?  Power tech options that would get me higher revs and higher speed and out of the hole quicker?  OFX4 or OFX3 maybe?  Which pitch?

Yes a 250hp will be in the future but probably not for another year or so.  So best prop I can get for this F150 setup would be appreciated.

If the Reliance 14.25 x 17 pitch is out of stock, you could try a Michigan Apollo 14.25 x 17 pitch.  Same size 3-blade.  Not sure about available stock, but here's a link to one at a good price: https://www.getaprop.com/michigan-apollo-3-propeller-yamaha-150-300-hp

Or, if you want to search for one, you'll need:

14-1/4 R 17 Part # 993043

Use XHS II® Hub Kit 203

• Like 1

I run a Power Tech OFX -17-4 on a 2009 2200XL with F150 and she will turn 5800 and will be running around 45 mph.  The four blade has good stern lift and the boat handles very nice. It was faster on top end with  PT 19 -3 semi clever , however I like the stern lift that the 4 blade delivers. My normal operating range is around 3600 rpm and that’s about 32 mph. I rarely have conditions that allow wide open throttle running.  Good luck on prop search. If you chose Power Tech , call them directly and ask for Marcus. ( funky monkey on this forum ). He is the best with matching props to Pathfinders.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

I run a Power Tech OFX -17-4 on a 2009 2200XL with F150 and she will turn 5800 and will be running around 45 mph.  The four blade has good stern lift and the boat handles very nice. It was faster on top end with  PT 19 -3 semi clever , however I like the stern lift that the 4 blade delivers. My normal operating range is around 3600 rpm and that’s about 32 mph. I rarely have conditions that allow wide open throttle running.  Good luck on prop search. If you chose Power Tech , call them directly and ask for Marcus. ( funky monkey on this forum ). He is the best with matching props to Pathfinders.

Wow JJ!  You've/They've got that thing dialed in.  Good to know!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, geeviam said:

Wow JJ!  You've/They've got that thing dialed in.  Good to know!

Well,  it did take about 5 Props to finally get it right. The Yamaha prop that was on it initially would only turn 5000 rpm. Marcus at PowerTech sent me a 19” 3 blade and a 16” 4 blade.  The 3 blade was a semi clever and it ran great but had some porpoising issues. The 16” 4 blade did well, but it could turn 6000 rpm and more if trimmed and pushed. I tried a few other props that friends had...meanwhile Marcus found me a 17” 4 blade and it worked perfectly.  I do not have a jack plate or a T Top. I’m not too much into full speed running....the 4 blade lifts the stern up , no porpoising and I’ve ran it now for about 10 years.  JJ 

• Like 1