Cobia Warranty Success Stories

rengrav4444

I am about to enter a stringer issue on my cobia that should be covered under warranty.  It's a journey that I feel I am not going to like, so I want to post a question to my fellow forum members here. 

Are there any cobia/maverick warranty success stories out there?

If so, how long into the boat?

Was it Engine or hull?  

Did you need to get outside help? (Additional survey or mechanic or lawyer involved)

In the end were you happy with the outcome?  

If you had any advice to pass along, what would it be?  

Thanks in advance.  

X2 with Mod Marc. I just had some warranty work done at Maverick and they want everything done through the dealer. They have a process now that they follow that starts with making sure the warranty is in effect, then analysis and pictures done by the dealer. Then submission to MBG warranty group and then they decide what to do from there.

Good luck! I ultimately got it done and I pick the boat up today.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:25 AM, Headhunter said:

X2 with Mod Marc. I just had some warranty work done at Maverick and they want everything done through the dealer. They have a process now that they follow that starts with making sure the warranty is in effect, then analysis and pictures done by the dealer. Then submission to MBG warranty group and then they decide what to do from there.

Good luck! I ultimately got it done and I pick the boat up today.

Thanks for the replies.  A little more background, I am not the original owner. Warranty is supposed to be transferrable so hopefully no issue there.  First survey before purchase missed this issue completely.  So there is allot going on.  This is my first boat so I am really nervous.  I thought I had done everything right before buying this boat.  I can’t help but feel like I got taken by a seller trying to unload an issue he didn’t want to deal with…..

On 10/23/2022 at 11:34 PM, rengrav4444 said:

Thanks for the replies.  A little more background, I am not the original owner. Warranty is supposed to be transferrable so hopefully no issue there.  First survey before purchase missed this issue completely.  So there is allot going on.  This is my first boat so I am really nervous.  I thought I had done everything right before buying this boat.  I can’t help but feel like I got taken by a seller trying to unload an issue he didn’t want to deal with…..

I think your right! 

On 10/23/2022 at 11:34 PM, rengrav4444 said:

Thanks for the replies.  A little more background, I am not the original owner. Warranty is supposed to be transferrable so hopefully no issue there

Did you go to a MHP dealer and pay the $200 for the warranty transfer after you bought the vessel?  Cant' remember if it was $100 or $200....you should have a document that shows the transfer...if so, you should be good to go.

DC

17 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Did you go to a MHP dealer and pay the $200 for the warranty transfer after you bought the vessel?  Cant' remember if it was $100 or $200....you should have a document that shows the transfer...if so, you should be good to go.

DC

I am going to be doing that now but the dealership is dragging its feet at getting me in for an appt.  I did hire a surveyor for another survey and he checked it out and found more tabbing issues in the head access area.  So it’s pretty bad.  At least that’s what he told me.  At this point I am just hoping maverick or cobia helps to pay to repair these issues.  I can’t believe I got taken so bad!!!