Bimini Tops

TP13

I'm looking to add a Bimini top to my 2000 2200v and reached out to Herzog as I read that they have done several. I'm thinking 9' with slots for rods around to console, but what do others have? Is 9' too big/small? Any other suggestions? And could some of you share some pics and ideas? I was planning on adding a ttop but really can't justify the added cost of a ttop versus the Bimini.

Thanks

I have one and added bolt on rod holders to the back of the leaning post. I already had 2 and added 2 more. There is room for more than that. It has worked well for me. I am not sure how big my bimini is but it covers a lot of the boat.

Yes. 9' long is what I ***ume. I've seen some really short and some longer.

The zipper is a good idea. These are suppose to be slits with an optional flap. And the back rod holders are to not interfere with the top. . .

But I would have to double check that if I went with herzog

My present top is 6'-8" and covers from the cooler set to the leaning post. Maybe overhangs both by 2 or 3 inches. I suppose you could have one made 9 ft. long, but you have to consider if it will interfere with stepping up on the front or rear deck.

Where are you going to mount it? Inside gunnels or on the gunnels. I never quite understood mounting inside the gunnels, maybe someone can tell my why they mount inside the gunnels.

Also, you might want to consider Accon quick connect mounts. Just sold my Bimini and the quick connects to Reel Dawg. The quick connects makes deploying the top a one man job, quick, safe and easy.

DSC07574_zps1773c8fb.jpg

Gunnel mounted tops are about one ft. wider.

DSC07580_zpsa17b4d0a.jpg

When mounted inside the gunnel you do not loose the use of the gunnel mounted rod holders. Also when down it will fold completely inside the boat and not interfere with the bait tanks.

Thanks, always wondered about that. I added an additional set of Accon quick connects so I could fold the top across the transom. In that position, it doesn't interfere with any compartment lids (completely out of the way). Don't know if other models have the same flat area at the transom to accommodate a folded Bimini. I'll try to find a pic of the area.

Not the best pic, but you can see the flat area that runs the full width of the transom, except for the drain area in the center.

DSC00034_zps1ab716be.jpg

Archived