Question for Wanaflatsfish

JEM

Wanaflatsfish,

I wonder if you remember what hole your engine was

mounted in on the jack plate. I know you don't have that boat anymore. Because you had the 2200V, with a F150 mounted on a jack plate with no t-top, that is the exact rig that I have.

I am picking mine up from the shop this Friday with the engine mounted in the top hole. If you had yours mounted in the second hole, I would call and have them change mine to the second hole also. Thanks,

Jeff

Wanaflatsfish,

I wonder if you remember what hole your engine was

mounted in on the jack plate. I know you don't have that boat anymore. Because you had the 2200V, with a F150 mounted on a jack plate with no t-top, that is the exact rig that I have.

I am picking mine up from the shop this Friday with the engine mounted in the top hole. If you had yours mounted in the second hole, I would call and have them change mine to the second hole also. Thanks,

Jeff

to be honest, with the jP you have lots of flexibly...

I don't remember to be honest....i'll look for pics..but, one hole difference on a JP won't affect much...

i ran 90 % of the time on 3-3.5

so, one hole difference won't cause a major issue..i rarely ran on 6, except for idle off the flats.

dc

Thanks for the reply. I agree that with mine in the top hole,

I can always raise the engine. But , if I am always going to jack up the motor to run, I might as well move it to the second hole. I have found one boat with the F150 mounted in the second hole, but it had a PT 4 blade 18 pitch prop, where I am going with the 17p, based on Marcus's recommendation. I just want to get it dialed in as close as possible, so maybe I won't have to go back in the shop to adjust the mounting height.

Thanks for the reply. I agree that with mine in the top hole,

I can always raise the engine. But , if I am always going to jack up the motor to run, I might as well move it to the second hole. I have found one boat with the F150 mounted in the second hole, but it had a PT 4 blade 18 pitch prop, where I am going with the 17p, based on Marcus's recommendation. I just want to get it dialed in as close as possible, so maybe I won't have to go back in the shop to adjust the mounting height.

the 17P is a great blade...you'll hear it wind up and it thrusts you forward.

No speed demon, but, goodhole shot and mid range acceleration.

Again, on my F150, I found between 2.5-4 was the sweet spot when running...I was always adjusting depending on the water conditions, etc.

Also, I had installed a Bob's Stablizer plate which is great for stern lift and hole shot with the F150.

Easy to install DIY, takes about 15 min...

Helped me move to 5-6 on the JP when running shallow for extended periods.

BTW, do you have a water pressure gauge? A good to have with the JP?

Also, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, BRING THE JP ALL THE WAY DOWN TO 1. IF YOU FORGET OR HAVE SOMEONE ELSE RUNNING THE BOAT AND THEY TRIM FORWARD, YOU'LL BREAK THE HYDRAULIC LINES - ASK ME HOW I KNOW THIS ????

I HAD A CLOSE CALL WHEN I FIRST HAD THE BOAT..MY BUDDY WAS DRIVING AND FIDDLING WITH THE JP....WE CAME TO THE DOCK AND HE DIDN'T REALIZE...

I ALWAYS JUST Jp UP VS TILT FORWARD WHEN LOADING ON THE TRAILER....HE WAS AT 1.5 AND TITLED FORWARD AND NEARLY BROKE OFF THE HYDRAULICS..THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HUGE MESS....

LASTLY -

Carry an extra solonoid (if it's an external pump) to fix it on the water. It's about the only thing that goes bad.

Remember the wiring by:

Blue skies above green gr*** below.

Meaning - blue wires up JP, green down (or at least that is the way they used to be wired).

Enjoy..

dc

My '02 was mounted in top hole. My '06 is mounted one down from top. The only difference is I can't run it all the way up for very long. But like Wannaflatsfish said running from 2-4 is where you'll mostly run except idiling and on hole shot.

One other thing to consider is your switch. Which one did you go with. I had the push button switch mounted to my throttle on my '02 and loved it there. It was easy to adjust your plate with your thumb while you throttle up and have the other hand for steering. My current one is the blinker style switch. I feel it's harder to use while trying to steer and throttle up at the same time.

Thanks for the info. Master Repair put an Atlas jp on my boat, and it is self contained....no external pump. I checked with them, and they have it rigged so that the jp can be all the way down, and the engine can be tilted all the way up, and it does not interfere with the hydraulics. They put on the blinker style switch for the jp. I might check into the other style switch.....it does sound better where you can keep your hand on the throttle and adjust the jp.

Jeff

Archived