need advice on features for new Pathfinder 22 trailer

I need to get a new trailer for a pathfinder 22.  I plan on purchasing an Ameritrail trailer.  I am looking at the custom features that Ameritrail offers.  I would love to hear some advice on which custom features are worth getting and which ones are not.  Some more information is the fact that I plan to keep the pathfinder on the boat for the life of the boat.  So the boat will live on the trailer.  I also plan to do many short trips (10 miles or less), and also plan to trailer the boat to different areas around Florida.    

Here are the additional custom features I am considering:  
Stainless steel calipers and rotors:  $693
Electric Over Hydraulic Brakes:  $1,059
F2 Fulton Winch:  $189 or 2500 lb two speed winch upgrade  $173 or Vee block stop bow stop $525
Powder coated axle, tongue, winch stand: $467

Also, if there are additional custom features that are recommended for a new pathfinder trailer I would love to hear about it.  Thanks.  

On 11/10/2022 at 9:10 PM, elopomorph said:

I need to get a new trailer for a pathfinder 22.  I plan on purchasing an Ameritrail trailer.  I am looking at the custom features that Ameritrail offers.  I would love to hear some advice on which custom features are worth getting and which ones are not.  Some more information is the fact that I plan to keep the pathfinder on the boat for the life of the boat.  So the boat will live on the trailer.  I also plan to do many short trips (10 miles or less), and also plan to trailer the boat to different areas around Florida.    

Here are the additional custom features I am considering:  
Stainless steel calipers and rotors:  $693
Electric Over Hydraulic Brakes:  $1,059
F2 Fulton Winch:  $189 or 2500 lb two speed winch upgrade  $173 or Vee block stop bow stop $525
Powder coated axle, tongue, winch stand: $467

Also, if there are additional custom features that are recommended for a new pathfinder trailer I would love to hear about it.  Thanks.  

Unless you are pulling the boat frequently on long trips, and on the Interstate highways....I would rethink all the expense of brake options. Otherwise you better stay on top of the washing down and maintaining the brake components. After rebuilding my brakes twice in 10 years, I made the decision to remove them. The calipers and disc were impossible to keep the rust from coming back after a couple of years. I have no problem braking with my GMC 1500 truck.  This decision is not for everybody, because it’s just an opinion....however for short runs , you’ll never miss those trailer brakes. These 22’ PF are lighter than most manufacturers 18 and 20’ boats. Just my two cents worth...

good luck with the purchase and get that boat ready for fishing.  JJ

Thanks for the advice.  So I summarize the trailer advice as the following:  

get stainless steel calipers and rotors: 

Get Electric Over Hydraulic Brakes

Get the F2 Fulton Winch

Also, look at Rolls Axle trailers

I do have plans to trailer the boat on long trips, and on the Interstate highways.  So I will need the brakes, but I realize trailer brakes are problematic.  

Thanks. 

• Like 1

kodiak stainless steel, calipers and disks. Worth every penny , but you may not need electric . I would  add the swivel jackstand and a tire carrier  .if you fish salt just get galvanized wheels, save yourself the headache of clearcoat on the alloys , if you want to compare Ameratrail take a look at Sport trail