Redfisher/Bayfisher Flip Up Seat Hinges - Need Help

Sawyer Martin

First off I want to say that I greatly appreciate the couple people who responded in my previous thread regarding the correct spacing aft of the the flip up seat & the rear deck. Thank you guys for the measurements. I am now trying to help my buddy with finding replacement hinges for his flip up seat in his 2000 Bayfisher 16. I found a thread from 2021 that referenced a company that offers replacement ones, but when I contacted them, they said they now only do wholesale accounts. I did find another company who offered what looked to be the same hinges, but my buddy ordered them & they are of very poor quality (thin aluminum, bent as soon as they were installed, & the spacing does not line up as it is supposed to. With that being said, does anyone have a source for good quality replacement hinges for these flip up seats?

I’m interested in getting the proper replacement hinges too. Maybe a group buy would work to get them. In my own searching for these hinges it seems that there are a lot of people that have wanted them like us. I’m sure we might be able to get a qualified company to make the hinge with a dozen or more sets ordered.

10 hours ago, Moderator said:

There are many people who have replaced the hinges I’ll bet !  It’s just a matter of them having the time to sign in and read your post. Give it time for one of them sign on. 
MM

I’m hoping so too.:) I’m wanting to replace mine as well. The last time I took my boat out I didn’t realize I hadn’t checked and snapped in the flip seat straps before heading home and the wind lifted it up while driving. It didn’t do any damage but I’m pretty that’s how many have broken.

I’ve since made it a permanent thing on the check list before heading anywhere.:)

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 12:10 PM, Sawyer Martin said:

Hope everyone had a happy holiday. ANYONE out there know where to get these replacement hinges??

Not yet myself but following this thread to get a replacement set myself. Does anyone know what company made the originals?

I found this company; metalmoulding.com

I'm not sure this is or isn't the company that originally made the hinges, but it looks like they might make custom hinges.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to make some calls to a couple of companies. Pretty sure it’s possible to get a small run of these hinges made with the proper specs. If I have any luck I’ll start a thread to compile a list of names that will commit to at least one set to get this ball rolling.

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone have a single complete hinge for the flip-up seat not in use even if broke in two that could be sent to me? It looks like I might have located who originally made them but to confirm it I need an example for them to go through old drawings.  My hinges are ok and I wouldn't be able to do without a hinge for a few weeks.

Thank you,

Dennis

• Like 1

16 hours ago, searing said:

Does anyone have a single complete hinge for the flip-up seat not in use even if broke in two that could be sent to me? It looks like I might have located who originally made them but to confirm it I need an example for them to go through old drawings.  My hinges are ok and I wouldn't be able to do without a hinge for a few weeks.

Thank you,

Dennis

Hate to tear mine apart but I would be a buyer for a set. That looks to be the only unobtanium part on the boat. Where is this manufacturer located? 

On 1/13/2023 at 3:18 PM, searing said:

Thank you,

Dennis

I have a busted one and would love to help solve this riddle.  Dm me an address.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, jim33042 said:

I'm in, please.  Been looking to replace mine for awhile.

Thanks to Salty South I have a have a broken but measurable hinge. I made a Cad drawing of it and emailed it to several companies.

I may have found the company that claims to be the one who made the original hinges that were used. They’re willing to send me a set for comparing and measuring but when it comes to getting them a case of 20 has to be purchased because this will be coming direct from the manufacturer. Once I have the sample in my hand and can confirm it’s right I’ll start a thread to find out who wants them in one place just to keep track in one place.

Dennis

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...