New Poling Platform for 1996 18' Redfisher

Quiet Man

Getting ready to repower with a 115 SHO and will need to change the platform due to the engine height. There is only about 31-32 inches between the deck and the bottom of the platform. It appears the platform is lag bolted into the transom now. I'd prefer it through bolted, but not sure how to do this without destoying the live well. Would moving to all 4 legs to the deck be an option? Looking for any guidance about options.

IMG_1483.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

I was told there are aluminum plates fiberglassed into transom for those lag bolts.

for the cost of adding height to that platform and then having to repowdercoat... I would look into cost of new platform with all four legs being on deck and fiberglass in the holes on the transom.

I have used a 4 1/2" holesaw to create access to the back of the transom by going through the livewell and battery rigging well.  I put an  excess plate with o ring on the live well side and plenty of sealant.