Rabuds for 22TE

gwojnow

Can someone tell me where I can order the correct sized Rabuds for my 2005 22TE that fit over the chrome rings? I've seen a few in parts catalogs but they are all too small to fit over the existing chrome rings. Web links would be great!

I appreciate the help. GW

T-H Marine offers one way valves that can be spliced into the scupper hose below the motor well. To me, that is a much more "elegant" solution than hanging ping pong balls on the transom. I have the one way valves, and no water intrusion back onto the deck! Just my .02 worth....

they will require a spacer and i had to shave about a 1/4" bevel on the inside. they work way better than the stock flappers. i have to clean them out about every 6 months because gr*** and all kinds of debris get in them. everything rolls to the back of the boat and go into the drain holes like a rat looking for a hole.

Yes

Dusky the way to go...

be sure to get the clear ones vs. white so you can see the debris...and don't forget to install the inner flap so the ball will float up..

Dusky people will give you the instructions....

You need, as mentioned, the spaced....screws to the hull, then the rabud which is screwed to the spacer...

Use 4200 on the spacer.....be sure to take out the current inline space before installing..

dc

• 3 weeks later...

One set is to mount the spacer the other is to mount the rabud to the spacer.

Use machine screws and tap the transom after drilling holes for the rabud. You will have to rotate the spacer.

I had a post a long time ago and will try to find the pictures and post as soon as possible.

Probably so you can remove the plastic rabud If you want that option: Spacer is screwed to transom and stays; rabud is screwed to spacer and can be removed.

I screwed the buds through spacers and into transom. So far, so good.

I screwed the spacer seperately so you can easily take off the raybud to clean it in the event it gunks up with weeds, etc...

BTW, get the clear...not the white so you can see any issues that might be in the raybud.

I put some 5200 in the screw holes on the spacer to seal it up well...won't help the starboard but, creates a seal on the screw insert..

Hope this helps...

total install takes about 45 min, depending on if you have a jackplate..mine had a JP and I had to trim the raybud a bit to fit..

great product...no more wet feet.

dc

One set is to mount the spacer the other is to mount the rabud to the spacer.

Use machine screws and tap the transom after drilling holes for the rabud. You will have to rotate the spacer.

I had a post a long time ago and will try to find the pictures and post as soon as possible.

Wouldnt screwing the spacer first make for a uneven surface to mount the Rabud to because of the heads of the screws? Im unclear. When I installed mine I used 5200 to seal the spacer to the hull and used screws (with 5200 on the threads) through the Rabud and the spacer. I didnt use 5200 to mount the Rabud to the spacer in case I needed to remove the Rabud for whatever reason. Im glad I didnt because I just installed my second set because the old ones were cracking just after a year. I just dont see how mounting the spacer with screws and then using another set of screws to mount the Rabud is a better way to install it rather than to just use one set of screws through the Rabud and the spacer together.

This may seem like overkill but it is worth the effort.

First step is to rotate the spacer so that the screw holes are offset between the holes on the rabud.

2nd Drill new holes and tap to fit the machine screws that will hold the rabud to the spacer. The machine screws should be shorter than the depth of the spacer so the will not bottom out on the transom.

3rd Now counter sink the holes for the screws that will hold the spacer to the hull.

4th Attach spacer to transom.Be sure to align for rabud to be straight You can use a machine screw and tap the hull or drill a pilot hole in the transom. Use a sealer in the holes and between the transom and the spacer. Due to jackplate I could only get four screws in the transom for the spacer but it is on securely.

5th Attach rabud to spacer. You can now remove rabud as needed to clean without messing with transom and spacer. [image]http://www.mbcforum.com/fbbuploads/1460602986-raybud1.JPG[/image] [image]http://www.mbcforum.com/fbbuploads/1460603006-raybud2.JPG[/image]

The advantage here is that you do not keep removing screws from the transom and placing them back and having them strip and leak.

The guy I bought my 02 from had a gl*** guy gl*** those holes over and route all the deck and well drains out of the bottom of the pocket under the boat (like the new models?). Thankfully, he did a great job and it works like a champ, I only get water if there is 3 or 4 people standing on the rear on the boat. Then I just throw in some plugs!

• 1 year later...

I just got my rabuds in from Dusky today. They sent screws, but not machine screws. They are longer than the rabud and spacer, so are you supposed to put the screw thru the rabud, thru the spacer and into the transom? Seems like there should be 2 sets of screws, one for the spacer into the transom and one set to go into the spacer. Thanks for any help

• 2 weeks later...
On August 17, 2017 at 4:23 PM, DWoodham said:

I just got my rabuds in from Dusky today. They sent screws, but not machine screws. They are longer than the rabud and spacer, so are you supposed to put the screw thru the rabud, thru the spacer and into the transom? Seems like there should be 2 sets of screws, one for the spacer into the transom and one set to go into the spacer. Thanks for any help

You must drill and thread them yourself, if you want to have the ease of removal without reselling them.

Archived