Battery Switch Failure

Nag Juice

I think mine is kicking the bucket. Batteries are good and new but two days ago I switched it on and no juice anywhere. Terminals are cleaned and then it works again. Problem solved right? Not at the boat ramp. Turn the battery switch in and off and power is back. Anyone ever have one fail and how hard are they go change?

One of the simplest thing electrically speaking you can do on a boat. Some advice so you don't get confused. Get yourself 3 different colored zip ties. Take the batter switch off of the wall it is mounted to so you can clearly get to the back of it. Take of the nut holding all of the wires to the common stud and zip tie them all together and make your self a note that the black zip ties goes yo the common stud on the new switch. Then take the wires off of the stud that is labeled "1" and zip tie those together with another color, and then do the same for the last stud labeled "2"..... This is ***uming you have a 4 position switch. Then put them all back on the new switch and you are done. While you are at it go ahead and thoroughly remove all corrosion on your ground bus bar

Archived