Pathfinder 2500, Second Station/Tower Question

Joedirt

I am on the verge of doing a 2500 build and have been informed there is only one tower to choose from now. It's the tower with no shade or top coming off the bow side. I really wanted the tower that had the small front shade sticking out under the helm.... I would appreciate any feedback on the tower that comes on the boats now. Does it provide enough shade? I have a 2200 TRS now with a standard T-top and I'm a little concerned that the tower won't provide that much shade. Or is not that big of a difference?

Thanks

• Joedirt changed the title to Pathfinder 2500, Second Station/Tower Question

It will provide some shade, and some protection in rain. Enough to make a difference.  But the biggest plus is the "grab rail" up and down the steps, and when the boat wakes and/or rough waves come.  If you have it long enough, doesn't need to be too long, it will allow someone to stand on the deck, and reach back and grab it for stability.  I too wish they still did the tower this way.  

It also looks better.  I believe it "balances" out the tower.

20198.jpg

• Like 1

I bought my new 2500, almost two years ago coming from a 2200.  A few thing impressed me.

The boat runs shallow, almost the same as my 2200.

The boat has a huge amount of storage.

With a F300 the boat runs square up to 5700 rpm.

Things I don’t like.

Pathfinder uses one inlet for the baitwell and washdown so if you are using the washdown, the baitwell has water running in it.

Like the 2200, the 2500 runs great in any sea, except a head sea.