I want Dino to chime in on this post as well but WOW....great day out on the water with Dino and my wife.  

We got a early start and did the routine of stopping at Don's and Dion's before getting to the park.  The shrimp were nice winter size shrimp by the way which was great.  We get to the ramp and saw about 50 dead snook either floating or on the ramp itself.  Apparently the cold snap on Christmas did a number on our beloved snook but on the positive, I only saw signs in the marina and I did watch a video on youtube the day before and they were catching snook so that was a good sign.  

Off we went and I wanted to hit a black drum spot early since now is the time to target them at this location.  After about 15-20 minutes and only 2 catfish, we moved to the next secret spot.  What *** was there should have been the black drum at that first location and my thinking why they were not  is the water just wasn't cold enough for them to be there but no biggie.  We pulled up to the next location and proceeded to fish it with plastics and live shrimp.  Dino hooks up but gets sharked.  Something I learned this trip was him down sizing the hook and using a split shot at this location and as soon as he did, in comes a nice 17 inch sheepshead.  The skunk is off the boat now and even if it was just that one fish, if felt good to get the first one.  A few minutes later, another smaller but still legal sheepshead makes it to the box. 

At this point, we decided to make the run north and fish a few of Dino's super secret locations.  You know, the kind that when you post a picture,  he say's something like I know that spot locations.  lol  After a couple spots and no snook, reds or trout around, I wanted to look for more triple tail especially since we had about a hour to spare waiting on the tide.  It was a good call as well because in came a nice 19 inch fish and I love...I mean I love triple tail to eat.  Super cool fish by the way and the box is looking great now.  We had enough fish for a meal each.  Hooya!!!!

Through out the day, I kepted seeing permit by the way.  One here, one there kinda thing.  They were up on the surface and you could see their tail almost like they were tailing fish in a foot of water only it was 7' to 10' feet deep.  After missing a few, it finally happened.  We came up on about 4-5 permit and we both took a cast.  My rod goes off first with his going off shortly after.  I'm yelling with excitement since at this point, we were doubled up on permit.  Well to make a long story shorter...we were both hooked up to the same fish and after both of us going around the boat, pumping at the same time etc...Annette nets the fish!  Screams of joy followed!  I have a video but not sure if you all will be able to see it.  If not, you'll have to wait for Annette to make the youtube video but man what a great day and what a great way to bring in 2023.

323781725_860847058559045_929544622901644150_n.thumb.jpg.9a4ec1baa35bf24d31fd2361ad28105a.jpg322369570_1165337154372666_7163820257371771510_n.thumb.jpg.44f38913eead2c96c5ea5a351b89056a.jpg

25 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Great trip .

We also caught several Mits , on our camp trip .

Yummie in the tummy .

You should hit the barge and get your limit of sheep .

They are there . 😎

I don't have the numbers for the barge.  I know what your talking about but those numbers are no where to be found anymore.  I use to have them on my old unit a long time ago.

Joe,

You guys were DA BEST !!!

Annette CAN NET !!! Fo sure....

4 hours ago, THE OUTLAW said:

Dino knows that spot ! 😜

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

Yep, I have them, but, we were on Joe's boat....I'll get them to you soon.... Joe 

I gotta say, I have not been to the Shark since the hurricane and WOW has it changed....I had to really look for all my "secret spots"....which by the way did not produce anything :(

Joe's idea to head to the POTS and glad we did !!!

Fun day....great company, and thanks for driving...I was so tired on Monday, I could barely walk....

And the DION'S chicken made the day complete....

DC

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jh141 said:

I can honestly say that is the First time I have ever seen a double hooked fish come to a successful end. Awesome Job Guys and Thanks for sharing the video's.

What a Beautiful day for foraging along the coast !!!

I have caught many a schoolie Mahi where it would hit two baits in the water as they are racing across the chum...BUT, I have never heard of a double permit hookup...

That fish was super aggressive and took the two shrimp in one pass....

There is still a MAJOR debate on who hooked the MIT first (LOL)....but, really, who cares, it's a GREAT MEMORY with pics...

DC

• Like 1