Mounting boarding ladder on transom 2200V

wrhatt

I'm looking for ideas on how to mount this boarding ladder on the left rear side of the transom. The lag bolts that came with the ladder pulled out when a friend tried using the ladder with his scuba gear on. I'm thinking through bolts with nuts and washers is preferred but the left rear compartment has a liner blocking access to the inside of the transom. Any suggestions on the best way to mount it?

Capture.JPG

I would cut a big hole in the liner, but leave enough flat surface on all sides of the liner to mount a piece of starboard or PVC board to cover the hole. Additionally, on the top bolts of the platform, I'd install a solid piece of backing (stainless or aluminum) on the inside of the transom.  Seal all bolts inside and out with Boat Life caulking.  

• Like 1

Drill a pilot hole from the outside using a long bit all the way through the livewell. Use a hole saw just big enough for a large washer and socket wrench to drill hole in livewell.  Save the fiberglass plug. 

Install platform.

Using the fiberglass cut out use a piece of cardboard or plastic with a string tied in the middle. Run the string through the cutout piece.

Mix up some thickened epoxy and cover the cardboard work it in the whole and push cutout into place as you pull the string and cardboard from the back. Tie it off to stay in place. After it sets cut the string and finsh the neat circle with gel coat.

• Like 1