Simrad/Lowrance Totalscan transducer mount

Freeplete

MBC forum, anyone have experience mounting a "TotalScan" transducer? Upgrading from a Garmin 3006 to a Simrad Go7XSE with TotalScan. Want to be able to "run" and use the transducer. So do I replace the existing garmin 'ducer with the Totalscan? See Pic. My concern is that the skeg of the motor would be in the view of the Totalscan. Considering a "pocket" mount, but from what I've read on this that is less than ideal. Welcome advice, pics and experience. Thanks, PT

1458921590-ducer_mount.jpg.3acbb6980948a

What if it were mounted in the very bottom of the pocket? Would that still allow it to read while running? My concern is two-fold 1) the port view of the side scan not picking up and deflecting off the foot of the motor if I mount it on the transom and 2) I don't want a rooster tail off the transducer. Thought a bottom of the pocket mount might work.

The problem with the bottom of the pocket is there is no flat surface to mount to. It is all curved plus you'll have a greater chance of knocking it off right there. You can put up a shield for the rooster tail if there is one.

This is how mine is setup. The skimmer for when on plane and structure scan at low speed. I have never had any problem with any interference.

DSC01282_zpsueupi8g8.jpg

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:05 PM, Freeplete said:

Thanks Fish Slayer. I guess I'm trying to have my cake and eat it too. Want to run with a single total scan transducer available for use at all speeds. PT

I have my Simrad GO7XSE transducer where you have your Garmin transducer mounted. It works at speed and the lower unit does not block the side scan.

ducer.jpg

Archived