2013 24 Pathfinder bilge issue

Waterguy

I have a 2013 24ft Pathfinder that is having issues with the bilge pump. The boat is kept on the left, and whenever it rains the water collects  in the bilge and it doesn’t automatically pump out until I turn the battery switch on and manually hit the bilge switch on the console. I don’t ever remembering this happening and always thought it was automatic. I don’t know what else to check any ideas? Thanks!

Sounds Like the Auto Float switch is stuck.  Start by running water into the bilge with a water hose. If the water completely covers the pump and does not come on there is a problem. Mine is a 2012 and come with the Sahara Auto Pump. There is a test knob to force the auto switch up. Not easy to get to but turning the little knob you tell you if the switch is stuck.  If so a good cleaning should fix it.  

If it is a different style pump be aware that the auto switch is a separate circuit and should be live all the time no matter where the Battery switch is. Mine is wired thru the Main Battery Switch panel. 

Attwood Sahara Bilge Pump.webp

Ok so there are two fuses coming off the battery switch. One 30amp one 10. I assume the 10 is for the bilge but really have no clue. Both were good fuses. U would think that for the automatic switch to work that would be a connection straight to one of the batteries but I don’t see one. Any ideas? Thanks!

Look at your battery switch panel. Mine has a main 50 amp breaker and Three 15 amp breakers. This is where the direct circuit for the always on auto switched bilge pump gets its power if yours is like mine. The console bilge pump switch is a separate circuit. This is a pic of the back of my Battery Switch Panel. Notice the jumper directly from Batt 1 post to the circuit breakers. The Brown wire from the third breaker goes to my Auto Bilge Pump. 

Even if you find the breaker tripped and reset it and the auto switch then works I would want know WHY. 

Boat BlueSeas Switch Wiring.jpg

That’s great! Here are some pics of the pump and the batt switch. The pump is brand new but never know these days if the float came broken. I’ll have to check that. Also I have pics of the battery switch and you can see the brown wire coming up and spliced into an orange wire then to a 10am fuse. The fuse is good but I might just replace anyway. The other fuse is a 30 but I assume that’s for engine. Maybe the wires are corroded and the connection is bad. Idk. Thanks for the help!

F81C9AE2-E7F1-405E-BEF6-5C709920183A.jpeg

4232D831-C6DB-4927-8873-517E1CAE64EA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bamaskeet said:

That 10 amp fuse is for the bilge pump float switch feature.  Float switches are commonly high maintenance items.

Actually looked at boat bilge yesterday. It put a rubber pole down hatch to turn the float test switch and it went on without me turning on the battery switch. When the water level went down it went off. I took a hose and added some water and it automatically came back on and off. I don’t know why this happened but it appears to be fixed for now. Thanks!