2023 Islamorada MOT

DblPly

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no definitive location yet. The Tournament is usually announced in the early Summer for the September dates. Islamorada has been the location for three and a half decades. The Pandemic changed the long-time host hotel so we will have to wait to see what the arrangements are this year. The factory rep, Kent Krebeck, does the planning & arrangements and will make the announcement in the Tournament Section. 

Keep an eye on the Forum for the announcement and link to the event registration site.  You will enjoy the tournament a lot and meet some really great people. The event is usually the last weekend in September so plan accordingly.  

I will check with Kent to confirm the dates.  The Capts meeting has been on Thursday night, then fishing on Friday and Saturday. Awards dinner and prize raffle on Saturday night.  Great family fun.. 
MM

• 1 month later...

SAVE THE DATE! (9/28 - 9/30). Bring the whole family to this year's owner's tournament Hawks Cay Resort in beautiful Duck Key, FL! Aside from the killer fishing that Duck Key has to offer, the resort is the perfect place for some R&R if everyone in your group isn't into fishing. Tell the kids to get ready for some awesome competitions and prizes just for them. We will also have some great vendors attending the event this year. They will be showing their products and answering your questions. The event link for tickets and the app will be available soon. In the meantime, save the date, book your room, and check out everything Hawks Cay Resort has to offer online. 👉🏻 https://be.synxis.com/?adult=1&arrive=2023-09-28&chain=10237&child=0&config=MIAHC-GRP&currency=USD&depart=2023-10-01&group=MAVERICK&hotel=26952&level=hotel&locale=en-US&rooms=1

Florida Keys OT 2023 Art.jpg

• Like 1

Will be my first time at this event and looking forward to it!  I sent my slip request in yesterday, but haven’t heard back. For those of you that have been to this resort (and event) before, I’d appreciate an opportunity to chat. Feel free to PM me and I’ll share my number. 
Thanks!

Booked resort 9/27 - 10/2. Still waiting to hear back from the dockmaster. Will be pulling the old girl (18.5MA) down from Virginia. If weather cooperates, by BIL and I may make a stop in St Augustine the fish for a day or two before the event. 

Again, if anyone has pointers regarding the boat/trailer/slip….I’m all ears!  Thanks!

Hawks Kay is very nice. The last time I was there the new restaurants and docks were almost completed. How much is docking and is there a discount rate for the tournament? Feel free to PM me if needed. It looks like lobster season will be in full swing as well. Might just have to make the trip down from SC. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...