Power question for under gunnel lighting in early 2000-2009 Redfisher 16?

searing

I’m getting ready to add under gunnel LED strip lighting. For you guys who have already added or have UG lighting where did you come in for your power wires? I would prefer to bring in the power from the front end because I’d like to also add a light inside the big front storage compartment. I’m hoping to drill once as high above the rod tubes as possible to keep out of sight and out of the way yet still be able to fish them through and around the inside of the anchor hatch to the other side. I’m just not sure how high I can go and still have access to the opening where the rod tubes are in? Pictures would be great, and any advice is welcome from those who have UG lighting.

Thank you!!

Dennis

56 minutes ago, jim33042 said:

My boat had rigging rope from tube opening under console going forward to bow eye. It was kinda hidden and I found it once I removed the rubber boot over the access hole under the console.

I have a rigging rope there too which besides wanting to add a light in the big bow storage hatch is why I want to come into the gunnels from the front to power the under gunnel lights. 

I sealed in the rod tubes so they won't fall out of place again which is why I can't take the rod tube flange out to have a look in there to see how high up I can drill to push a wire through to feed the UG lights. I'm hoping someone has done it and can tell me or show me (pic)where they came in with the power.

For those thinking of installing under gunnel lights and want to know. I pulled one of the screws underneath the bow end of the gunnel and then pointed a flash light from inside the anchor hatch towards the cockpit and I was able to see light through the hole. I also put a GoPro through the anchor hatch towards the gunnel and could see that you can drill and feed a power wire anywhere across at the height of the screws that hold the gunnels to the front bulkhead.

Dennis

C1FDCC39-F469-471D-95DC-3C93186027A4.jpeg

• Thanks 1