Power pole installation wiring

Wrecknsfx

Getting ready to mount an 8 foot power pole on my ‘09 Pathfinder fusion. Batteries are all located in the center console . Mounting the pump in the rear starboard hatch. Do I need to fish the electrical  wires for the power pole to the console and direct to the batteries or is acceptable to wire them to the same terminals in the rear (see photo) the outboard power lines run to and thus utilizing the exiting battery switch ? 

B9C30502-EB01-42D4-AE5E-0BB685F6D884.jpeg

first, I would clean up your current wiring....the yellow connection is not marine grade.....you should have all your connections in the bilge double heat shrink.

The power pole is very sensitive to voltage drops and changes (my experience)...

You could save time and effort by direct wiring where you are at, BUT, be sure to put an inline fuse.

They draw a good bit of amps...so be sure you have a one two all in the event you are running, live wells and other items all day (lights at night etc.)

DC

Yes clean up the existing butt splices with Marine Grade heat shrinkable splices, get some Die Eletric grease, coat butt splices and add heat shrink, Last time I ran 50 Amps of service 10' from console to rear of boat in bilge for distribution I used ran a pair of 4 or 6 gauge stranded (Marine Tined Wire) wires in split loom for protection. Make sure your wire  run is not laying on the fuel tank. 50 Amp Marine Breaker in console to distribution buss than fused each load coming off buss. If you have a labeler label everything, What Wanaflatsfish is recommending will stop installation and future issues. Not sure what the battery lead terminations in the photo are.

Hope it helps