gas cap

noah

I have a 2007 pathfinder 2200v with a pop up gas cap. You turn the gas cap to tighten and then push down on the cap and turn it with a key to make it flush with the deck plate. I have replaced the gas filler ***embly once because the cap locked in the down position and could not be removed. After one year the new cap is doing the same thing and I cant remove it. Why is this occurring? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Can I buy just the cap and not have to replace the entire filler unit? Thank you

I have a 2007 pathfinder 2200v with a pop up gas cap. You turn the gas cap to tighten and then push down on the cap and turn it with a key to make it flush with the deck plate. I have replaced the gas filler ***embly once because the cap locked in the down position and could not be removed. After one year the new cap is doing the same thing and I cant remove it. Why is this occurring? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? Can I buy just the cap and not have to replace the entire filler unit? Thank you

You can buy just the cap but they are not easy to find. I had to replace mine last year because it would not stay down. I'll try to find where I got mine from.

Archived