2003 2200V "Short Tunnel" Hull?

Slo Poke1

I understand that Pathfinder did not make many of these short tunnel or step tunnel ( a foot or so) hulls, why is this? Do these exhibit profound ventilation/cavitation issues? I have one and it does like the stock prop with the new jackplate. Hopefully, a new OFX4 17 will cure all ills.

It certainly will allow you to make use of the jack plate, such as running shallow by raising the jp while not ventilating. But in boats, everything is a compromise. To get one thing, usually, you have to give up something else. In another post, you said top speed was more important to you. Well, with the OFX 4 blade 17p, you are going to lose some top speed....if you had been running a 19p. On a very, very short sea trial so far (running only one way)because of all the rain, it appears I have lost about 3 mph on top end. But, I was willing to do that in order to use the jack plate for shallow running, the ability to run without ventilation, AND I wanted my F150 to top out near the upper end of the recommended rpm range for that motor (for engine longevity).

But you say the new jack plate likes the stock prop, so why change?

My bad, new JP does NOT like the stock prop! In fact, they hate each other. Can't trim it any and run right. The engine labored with any trim. It has sat a while, maybe I have engine problems. I did run 25 miles and it ran barely OK with no trim. It was choppy and got out of its sweet spot some. I attributed that to the chop and prop.

My best top end was 45, if I get only 42, guess that's not the end of the world.

Archived