NEW Replacement Switch Panels - FP Marine

Hey guys, my name is Mike. I wanted to introduce myself and share with you all something new we are doing here at Flounder Pounder Marine.

We now manufacture a fully wired replacement switch panel assembly for the Maverick Master Angler. We developed this panel to replace any one of the original 6, 7 or 8 position switch panels that measure approx. 16-5/8" x 3". Many color choices and an option for custom accessory switch labeling.

I am adding a link below where you can find details. Also some photos for your enjoyment...

https://fpmarine.com/fully-wired-replacement-switch-panel-maverick-master-angler/

IMG_7264.JPG

IMG_7120.JPG

Good afternoon Gents! We've sold a few of these over the past couple weeks, in which I am still waiting for customer installation pics and feedback. 

I will be posting the photos here and on our website as I receive them (and with permission of course)

Any questions can be sent to my email: mike@fpmarine.com or call FP directly.

WOW, a day late and a dollar short as they say. Mike, I just went through this with a gentleman at your place, Brad maybe? Anyway I chose the white faced plate with toggles on the left side (original) and then had them cut rocker holes for the right side (trim tabs). I did buy all new Carlin switches from them but not the harnesses. If I would have known I may have gone that route. It was an easy install but time consuming swapping all the wires and replacing the ones that were 'iffy'. Very easy to deal with and it I like the finished product.

20230409_143807.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice Dale! You most likely spoke to Ben, he deals a lot in customer service and is very knowledgeable!

The panel looks great! Nice balance of toggle & rocker switches. Even the black stainless screws we provide give a nice little accent. The instructional sheet that came with your panel has some good information on modifying, mounting, cleaning, ect... As an added tip, an old boat builders trick is to counter sink past the gel-coat when drilling holes. This prevents the gel-coat from spider cracking over time. The photo is of a little piece off a Sea Ray console. You can see how thick they laid on the gel, and how far the counter sink is needed before getting to the glass.

Again, good work Dale! Let us know if you ever need anything. P.S.- shoot me an email with your mailing address so I can send you a couple FP coozies. mike@fpmarine.com

IMG_5405.JPG

• Like 2

Here is a switch panel I designed in my Cad software. My original panel was the Hewes standard with only four rocker switches, I wanted a five rocker switch version and backlit capable while keeping a factory look. There isn't a lot of room so I it needed to be as compact as it could be with the additional (5th) switch. I emailed the cad drawing to them at FP Marine and it was made exactly per the drawing. I purchased all new Carling switches from FPM and did all the wiring and back lighting myself. The guys at FP Marine couldn't of been better to work with and gladly answered all my questions when I had them. Eventually I'll upgrade my power pole pump to the bluetooth remote version and then will have an updated panel made to keep them accurately labeled.

Thank you!

Dennis

IMG_4557[1].JPG

IMG_4555[1].JPG

• Like 2

Hey Dennis! I can certainly remember your panel order coming in & being made! You also sent us these photos, which look great by the way. I still use them from time to time as a perfect example of our backlighting capability. If I remember correctly, you used LED?

Your design came out wonderfully, we had fun making it, and really enjoy seeing the finished results. Thank you for the kind words Dennis! Let us know when you're ready to do it again. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 3:57 PM, flounderpounder said:

Hey Dennis! I can certainly remember your panel order coming in & being made! You also sent us these photos, which look great by the way. I still use them from time to time as a perfect example of our backlighting capability. If I remember correctly, you used LED?

Your design came out wonderfully, we had fun making it, and really enjoy seeing the finished results. Thank you for the kind words Dennis! Let us know when you're ready to do it again. 

Thank you!

I did use LED for the back lighting, I actually used left over LED strip from doing my under gunnel lighting.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Great to hear Michael! We use UV stable cell cast acrylic in our manufacturing. The color layer is always held between an acrylic backing, and clear gloss acrylic face. The clear face layer protects the color & engraving from fading & chipping. If the panel ever get severely scratched, it can be buffed out much like a vehicles clear coat. We also recommend a slight coat of vehicle wax for additional protection.

One of our current projects is for a woman restoring a 21ft Master Angler. We are fully wiring the system from a new fuse block to the panel, then the panel to a full length harness that will rewire the whole boat. 

We are always interested in customer photos! We'd be glad to feature them on our website & social media for others to enjoy. Photos can be emailed to: photos@fpmarine.com (include your mailing address to receive a gift in return)  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...