Empty bag of death and brutal day

HOw did others do at Choko Saturday..

Morning out-going and first incoming was tough for my buddy and me.

Extreme tides and NW was challenging..

We moved 12 times from 0730 to 1400 pm and could not find da feesh..

small red, a few trout, but only one keeper and limited size at that..

Hooked on Snook reported some good action in late pm outgoing.

Heard from range John the guides did well wit live bait....

dc

I was going to post a separate report, but don't have any pictures so here it goes....

Fished Saturday and it was real tough in the morning. Couldn't find white bait (or at least enough in the net to justify dumping out and cleaning up the 20lbs of jellyfish that came up in the net with each throw)so we hit a bunch of spots on the outside and just inside rivermouths and came up pretty empty. 2 skinny 19" reds and a bunch of small snapper and catfish. We found a pretty decent trout bite later in the afternoon and almost got a 3 man limit of nice sized fish to 22". Word at the CIP dock was that fishing was slow, even from the guides.

My fishing partners wanted to try offshore which I was against initially due to the weather, but with the sub-par results Saturday I really didn't have any argument to try to repeat that performance. we found bait this time and headed out to a pretty well known spot 20 or so miles out and found 8 or so stud mangroves, 18"-22", and 1 20lb cobia. lost some kings and caught some big jacks too. The ride back was none too fun slogging through 4 footers at 8 knots for the fist 10 miles... tried the rest of the bait at a bunch of spots on the way in through Chokoloskee p*** and nada... We were the stars at the dock though with the mangs and cobia though :) I'll see if I can di up a picture from the partner to post.

I fished Sunday and the fishing was very slow. Fished north up by Indian key. Fished the inside and outer islands and only came up with 1 18" trout and a couple small snapper. Landed a bunch of ladys so we went and battled the Goliath's just to say we caught something, but the Goliath's won most the battles. LOL We were back at the ramp by 2. Water was low at the end of the outgoing which seem to never end. Water was like chocolate milk by 10. I was not impressed with the outcome but I will say that any day in the ENP is a great day....so I cant complain to much. Report at the ramp wasn't great either. I don't think the guides were doing to hot either. I am going to try again this weekend so hope to have a better outcome. Tight lines guys!

Correct, my place isn't for rent but there are plenty of trailers you can rent at CIP for very reasonable prices in the off season. It's really nice having your boat in a slip there. Just hop in and go every morning! There's been very little crime there the past couple years; lights and cameras are all over the marina. My 13yr old son and girlfriend love it down there!

I stay in the rentals all the time. Great places! I'm going Sat morning. Bringing my 19 bay boat down for the first time. Gonna try some off shore action. With low tide at 630. Hope the boat has enough water to float. lol. If I can get up on plane I will be good to go!

Hope to have better fishing this weekend!

Archived