We MADE IT TO BIMINI....First stop :) the Famous Conch Salad at Stewart's....t..Crossing For Cystic Fibrosis - Please Donate if you are able

Fund Raiser For Cystic Fibrosis - PLEASE SUPPORT- we are 12 days out !!!

Click on the link to donate.....I know times are tough...any amount will be appreciated by those who cannot breathe as 100% of our fund raising goes towards Pipers Angels.

CROSSING FOR CF - DONATE HERE

Well LinkedIn......As I have my U.S. Coast Guard Captain's License, I'll be at the helm once again....And........it's time to paddle across the open ocean, 84 miles from Bimini Bahamas to Lake Worth Florida !!!

We start in the middle of the night (0001) on Sunday June 23, and make our way through the night on PADDLE BOARDS - Yep, Paddling. See the route below from last year.

This year we have Dr. Ivette Cardelli, her husband Damien, our crew member Ada from last year who is now paddling, and new to the team is Dr. John Calhoun, a thorastic surgeon. 

Below are a few pictures of me, our team, one of the major sponsors for the event (Celcius), and pictures from the crossing last year....

A few of my drone shots from the beach with More to Come !!!

Last year the Crossing raise over $750K.....our team raised $12.5K and our new goal is $25K...

As a special bonus, I'm donating from my Photography Business - SoFlo Marine, Real Estate, and Drone Photography, custom printed one of a kind photos I've taken to anyone who donates more than $200.....See the picture, my daughter, Dr. Cardelli is holding in the link above.....

One last item.....when you donate, you'll receive a link to see our team (LIVE) THROUGH THE NIGHT AND DAY as we make our way on the ocean...it's WILD !!!
Well LinkedIn......As I have my U.S. Coast Guard Captain's License, I'll be at the helm once again....And........it's time to paddle across the open ocean, 84 miles from Bimini Bahamas to Lake Worth Florida !!!

We start in the middle of the night (0001) on Sunday June 23, and make our way through the night on PADDLE BOARDS - Yep, Paddling. See the route below from last year.

This year we have Dr. Ivette Cardelli, her husband Damien, our crew member Ada from last year who is now paddling, and new to the team is Dr. John Calhoun, a thorastic surgeon. 

Below are a few pictures of me, our team, one of the major sponsors for the event (Celcius), and pictures from the crossing last year....

A few of my drone shots from the beach with More to Come !!!

Last year the Crossing raise over $750K.....our team raised $12.5K and our new goal is $25K...

As a special bonus, I'm donating from my Photography Business - SoFlo Marine, Real Estate, and Drone Photography, custom printed one of a kind photos I've taken to anyone who donates more than $200.....See the picture, my daughter, Dr. Cardelli is holding in the link above.....

One last item.....when you donate, you'll receive a link to see our team (LIVE) THROUGH THE NIGHT AND DAY as we make our way on the ocean...it's WILD !!!

SOME PICS FROM LAST YEAR.......

OUR ROUTE.....

IMG_1011.thumb.jpg.354b202f623b8dbf8d2bf40d35295eac.jpg

BIMINI SANDS FROM MY DRONE SHOT

bimini622-4.thumb.jpeg.fa033138634db27f92f120c3b3b1a072.jpeg

ME WITH THE TEAM.....

IMG_08472.thumb.jpg.41c63ed193e477f40ee08d16fe3e129e.jpgIMG_0842.thumb.jpg.b68cce4d0ed89942a8f408987d42334f.jpg

DRONE SHOTS.....

DJI_20230624085958_0016_D.thumb.jpeg.e7bb688ea910e864ab9c8689809cc7c6.jpegDJI_20230624093013_0039_D.thumb.jpeg.266d42e2c67ff2a85f9e9ffae59d42c6.jpeg

WHEN YOU DONATE...YOU WILL GET A LINK FOR THE LIVE CROSSING....

IMG_1218.thumb.jpg.7f300361f9dca9b5a3ed8201aac14eb6.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here is what its like to paddle offshore of Bimini in the middle of the night !!!

Hello ALL....

We are now less than 30 days until we head to Bimini.

Please take a few moments and go to the donation website and give what you can for this event.

this year, we are heading over on Sunday the 16th with my buddy Robert who is donating his 30 foot contender as the official boat for the event.

We will be fishing from Monday to Wednesday and then the rest of the team arrives on Thursday for the Crossing Events.

We leave for Florida on Saturday night (0001) - Sunday and begin our trek.

We have a team of 4.  My daughter, Dr. Ivette, her Husband, Ada our crew from last year, and Ivette's friend Dr. John a thorastic surgeon.

We pay all our own expenses and every dollar you donate is used for the crossing fund raising.

Anyone who donates over $200 will receive a photo of either a pelican or dragonfly.  I will print it and mail it to you.  If you want a photo of you and a fish or family, I'll work with you on this as well.

If you have ever been short of breath from a run or long walk, imagine what that is like from the moment you get up until you go to sleep at night.....and combine this with having mucous drained from your lungs all day.....this is why we are doing this.....

thanking you in advance.....

DC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Updated For Ralph and his generous donation to the crossing.

I have a profession EPSON 7500 12 color printer

I created some family and memory pics for Ralph...

I can print up to 24x36 or 48 or 72" .....it's a $6K printer loaded

If anyone is interested in some custom prints....let me know

The work I did for Ralph was off iPhone pics....very low resolution...less than 500K Jpgs....I normally work in 24-36MB RAWS where the detail is significantly different

But, they came out nice for Ralph....

Here are the prints that I will then cut to size

ralph1.thumb.jpg.b078a59f85a86d9d2ac291040231357b.jpg

In light room processing........

Here is the prints on the Premium Luster Paper

ralph2.thumb.jpg.e5b6053e43c9c49d24ea8ce9c81041e6.jpg

Ralph's favorite spot...so he told me....great shot of Bahia Honda

16x20 for the man cave....or Crik House

ralph3.thumb.jpg.eb7b04d5c7089025cf6c46c573d8a9f4.jpg

A few smaller for the house....

ralph4.thumb.jpg.20254e50e6c6c272407deff7b4aeec08.jpg

• Like 4

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to Update with new pics for Ralph AKA OutLaw - we are less than two weeks before crossing the blue highway.........Crossing For Cystic Fibrosis - Please Donate if you are able
On 6/10/2024 at 6:19 PM, HenrysCreek said:

Done!  (Actually sent 2 separate donations as I missed the print/photo opportunity in the thread).

Safe travels and smooth sails!

Let me know if would like any prints......if you go on the donation page, I have a really cool Pelican and Dragon Fly I'm giving to donations...

• Like 1

• Wanaflatsfish changed the title to We MADE IT TO BIMINI....First stop :) the Famous Conch Salad at Stewart's....t..Crossing For Cystic Fibrosis - Please Donate if you are able

7be03bde-564f-462b-96ac-0fb4a8c4745b.thumb.JPG.d63d9c179216255ba283fca502c19147.JPG

226f446b-418b-4a3a-b2a3-d66027519fbd.thumb.JPG.e6feb60aedb1abb86f43069e79a362e6.JPG

c569faa7-64b5-4e7d-81b3-3881f768bb4d.thumb.JPG.af8aca5f52ff4d4c2df08797a97d6149.JPG

IMG_2184.thumb.PNG.03478bb252c309ad2f0c846b8712a9ff.PNG

IMG_2216.thumb.PNG.4c1dc4a7d658e3daa4b191a30851f986.PNG

9df64d64-3c5c-44b7-ae11-b9a1589aaa8a.thumb.JPG.4763f1c5448d0c5f8f11c291ac4b203b.JPG

Disappointment comes in many forms.....

For our paddlers, it came in the form of a large thunderstorm over the island of Bimini that prevented us to safely make our journey across the Atlantic last Saturday night....my daughter, Dr. Ivette had been training for over a year for this night....imagine the disappointment; HOWEVER.......

For a Cystic Fibrosis patient, we heard the story from Travis Suits whose daughter is Piper of Piper's Angels, it comes in the form of waking up in the morning, expecting to go out for a nice day with the family, and then your CF fires up, your lungs fill with fluids, and you are in the ER and then admitted to the hospital to have your lungs drained.

This is why my daughter, Dr. Ivette Cardelli, me, my friend Robert Urra, Dr. John, Ivette's husband, John's Fiancé Amanda, and Ada Vega all went to Bimini to help those who cannot breathe. Travis' story, keeps things in perspective.

Due to severe thunderstorms on Saturday night we had to cancel the crossing.

We were told at 1am, to return at 10 am on Sunday for an update.

Our safety team was in direct contact with the the US weather service and they told us two things could happen, (1) the seas might lay down and we can cross later than night (2), due to the weather cells just outside of Bimini, it could fire up over night, and we might not be able to cross back for a few days. We had a large crew and the safety officer told us there would be a window to cross via boat back to the USA on Sunday between 1-5 pm. We (like 120 other paddlers and 60 boats) made the decision to cross across the 55 miles of open ocean back to Fort Lauderdale and we arrive safely after a pounding ride back.

The event was cancelled again at 11pm on Sunday due to more thunderstorms, and they made the decision to go by boats to 30 miles off Pompano Beach and paddle in to Lake Worth; however, we had already returned the boat and we could not participate.....

NOW THE GREAT NEWS !!!! THROUGH OUR COMBINED TEAM, WE RAISED $17,561 ACROSS ALL OUR TEAMS....THE FOUNDATION RAISED OVER $740K TO HELP THOSE WITH THIS DISEASE.

As Travis Suits, the Founder of Piper's Angels, said, while we did not paddle together, we raised awareness for those who cannot breathe. Piper's Angels supports world wide families through education, medicine, and other activities.

Thank you all.....and I hope to hear from you all next year.

Here are a few pics of the last days of our adventures.....as previously mentioned, all the costs of our hotels, gas, etc. are paid by us, EVERY $ you donated goes directly to Piper's Angels for helping others....

• Like 4